Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2020, 09:25   #1

Boat: Catana 471
Biobor stupidity

The stupidity is all mine. For years, I've been following the PS recommended regimen of Biobor EF + Startron whenever I fuel up. Did it again when taking on fuel the other day, but when I got back to the slip realized that I'd added Biobor EB instead of Bobor JF!! Crap. The tanks were already partially full of previously-treated fuel, so now I have two tanks both containing 95 gallons of diesel plus roughly:
  • 1.25 oz Biobor JF
  • 6 oz Startron
  • 4 oz Biobor EB
Obviously the EB shouldn't be in there, but I'm assuming that the concentration is low enough that it isn't an issue... unless there's some sort of cross-reaction that takes place. Does anyone know (Drew?) if this is likely to be a problem? Tanks are SS, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: if it matters, tanks have both opened and cleaned in the past 12 months, and as far as I know, there's zero water in them (none shows up in homebrew polishing system).
Jetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:51   #2

Boat: Catana 471
Re: Biobor stupidity

Just to follow up for any who may be interested: I contacted the manufacturer of Biobor and received a prompt reply indicating that there's no problem having both Biobor EB and Biobor JF in the tank (at least at the concentrations indicated).
Jetx is offline   Reply With Quote