Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2016, 05:08   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Best way to antifreeze the engine (Yanmar 3YM30 with SD20 saildrive)

So I'm trying to put antifreeze through the lines of the engine and was wondering what the best way would be. I'm on the hard right now and I've got a Yanmar 3YM30 and SD20 saildrive. My options as I see it are: 1) Disconnect the raw water intake from the top of the saildrive and put it into a bucket with antifreeze then run the engine. Problem with this approach is the line isn't long enough and its a very tight space. 2) Close seacock to raw water intake at the top of the saildrive (so antifreeze won't drain out through saildrive) and pour antifreeze into strainer. Start engine while continually pouring antifreeze into the strainer at a rate that won't overflow the strainer or slow enough that it can't keep up with the exhaust.

Ideas? What's the easy way to do this
arhoton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ym30, antifreeze, engine, sail, saildrive, yanmar