Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2012, 09:14   #46
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Any Opinion on Chinese Engines TD226B-4C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat man do View Post
Gross generalisation
Your american cars have Chinese made components
Your american computers have Chinese made components
BMW, Mercedes, Ford, BMW, Audi all made in China
Deutz made in China
Hummer made in china
Apple computers made in China
Motorola made in China
Nokia made in China
IBM made in China
Louis Vuitton in China

The list is endless

Even your own American flags are made in friggen China

Yet you maintain it is all Chinese make junk

Show me.
All of this is true but it is still junk...DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 09:20   #47

Yeah, some of the Orange Juice implied to be from "Sunny Florida" actually may come from Mexico, Brazil etc if you read the fine print! Alot of the parts in your USA made car come from China, korea etc. The real problem is our gov't has cut the Chinese a deal on import duty, they dont cut us a deal and pollute the world...
whoops... getting political, I'll stop now!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 08:39   #48

Quote:
Do you think the FORDS, Mercedes, Audi's, BMW's etc shown are built from inferior materials or use inferior manufacturing procedures
Yes I do
Quote:
do you think the parent companies would ensure they are up to standard?
No
Waeco, Hella, solar cells etc made in china are rubbish and so is Stihl made in Brazil or Jabsco made in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG View Post
It is Japan in the early ' 50s and '60's all over again. In about 20 years, yes. But at that time any liquid fuel will be unaffordable.
What will you gain with cheap stuff? You are in the end the loser.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
..those Marines arent being sent to Australia for fun and games...least there not Chinese Marines
You may be surprised. Anyway 70 years ago Japan had a go at Darwin on Friday the 13 January 2012 they did get it. Again they will blow up the harbour and kill all the wildlife that took 70 years to recover.
chala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 17:16   #49

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

CNH or case new holland one of the big multinational manufactures of Agricultural gear is moving into China.

Apart from CNH Global, other major manufacturers, including AGCO and John Deere, are positioning themselves in China, obviously keen to expand production of tractors, headers and sprayers.

According to CNH, its plans include a new factory to produce high horsepower tractors, combine harvesters and other machinery featuring advanced technology.

A Chinese honey pot for manufacturers - State News - Agribusiness and General - Finance - Farm Weekly
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 09:29   #50
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
CNH or case new holland one of the big multinational manufactures of Agricultural gear is moving into China.

Apart from CNH Global, other major manufacturers, including AGCO and John Deere, are positioning themselves in China, obviously keen to expand production of tractors, headers and sprayers.

According to CNH, its plans include a new factory to produce high horsepower tractors, combine harvesters and other machinery featuring advanced technology.

A Chinese honey pot for manufacturers - State News - Agribusiness and General - Finance - Farm Weekly
These products are for local consumption and not export.. They dont have rules like most of the developed world do concerning the enviroment so they can build and use products that are not importable(is that a word?) into the US . They also get paid to Pollute!! ...DVC
Old 16-01-2012, 14:55   #51

Quote:
These products are for local consumption and not export.. They dont have rules like most of the developed world do concerning the enviroment so they can build and use products that are not importable(is that a word?) into the US . They also get paid to Pollute!! ...DVC
Sorry. Here we have the major American based world leading tractor/engine manufacturers Case and John Deere expanding their factories in China not USA. I have heard Caterpillar already makes many parts there. I guess they keep it quite.

Do you really believe they will not export from there?? Interesting.
Old 16-01-2012, 15:11   #52

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Cummins in China since 1995
and India since 1962

How Cummins Does It
Old 16-01-2012, 15:14   #53

Quote:
Cummins in China since 1995
and India since 1962

How Cummins Does It

Reality can be hard to accept for some in the USA.

I OZ we have already witnessed our manufacturing moving offshore to Asia.
Old 16-01-2012, 15:37   #54

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Quote:
Reality can be hard to accept for some in the USA.

I OZ we have already witnessed our manufacturing moving offshore to Asia.
and other 3rd word countries

Aussie dollar sparks Maritimo's US move

Maritimo eyes USA as production base
Old 16-01-2012, 17:06   #55
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat man do
Some do, when working to a price or directed to.
Do you think the FORDS, Mercedes, Audi's, BMW's etc shown are built from inferior materials or use inferior manufacturing procedures or do you think the parent companies would ensure they are up to standard?

Thats your problem not theirs and has nothing to do with the quality of build in other countries.

I can buy numerous products in the US for a fraction of the cost of same in Australia.
Should I run around slamming and slandering the US at every opportunity because Australia finds it difficult to compete on price due to excessively high labour and general uncompetitiveness?
+1. +1
Old 16-01-2012, 17:15   #56
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape
I still maintan that they make junk.and someone has already made an analogy about quilty control,cant prove it but I would bet that there are German engineers working at the Duetz plant in China and that the last man to inspect for Quilty control is German...And I still have not been informed of any indigonus chinese products that the whole world is familar with...there arent any and the Chinese admit it..REF:China Daily newspaper...I read it everyday,they are more into talking about their military prowess these days but back a few months it was all about their brand recognition and the five year plan to impliment it around the world....If you ask anyone that knows about guitars and ask which Fender Strat they would rather have it starts with a US made then Japan,Mexico,Korea,Indonesia,then China Last and Least..this is what they get for excluding themselves from the world order for 40 yrs. .....DVC Ps. The world is trying to give them the oppurtunity to come into the world market as a true world player and not just the go to place for cheap labor but they resist by fixing their currancy and abusing human rights and say they will only get inline when they have a part in making the rules instead of being told what the rules are and having to obey those rules..a thinking man can see where this is going to lead if things dont change..those Marines arent being sent to Australia for fun and games...least there not Chinese Marines
The Chinese already own your ass boy, too late way too late. You couldnt fight them, think of the anarchy back home when your momma couldn't buy that cheap TV.
Old 16-01-2012, 17:17   #57
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape
Funny here in Europe we think Americans are big polluters. ! Lol
Old 16-01-2012, 17:26   #58
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Sorry. Here we have the major American based world leading tractor/engine manufacturers Case and John Deere expanding their factories in China not USA. I have heard Caterpillar already makes many parts there. I guess they keep it quite.

Do you really believe they will not export from there?? Interesting.
From what I read it stated that these products would be for the local market not export..There are no made in china cars or trucks in the US,(for now anyway)...It is illegal to export any advanced computer tech. to china..(of course they dont need it ,do they?they are so advanced)the products they do send to the US that have a relative high value are cheap and dont last,such as generators,light engines, and the most profitable products that they sell in the US are those cheap motor scooters...saying that china makes a good product is like saying australia is not in the middle of a giant bubble ..its fantasy...DVC
Old 16-01-2012, 22:16   #59

Quote:
From what I read it stated that these products would be for the local market not export..There are no made in china cars or trucks in the US,(for now anyway)...It is illegal to export any advanced computer tech. to china..(of course they dont need it ,do they?they are so advanced)the products they do send to the US that have a relative high value are cheap and dont last,such as generators,light engines, and the most profitable products that they sell in the US are those cheap motor scooters...saying that china makes a good product is like saying australia is not in the middle of a giant bubble ..its fantasy...DVC

Did I say China makes a good product ! No
Did I say China makes all bad products! No

I do know they make a lot of cheap crap for low cost stores in USA and
Australia.

But I also know they produce a lot of products for big name American, German, etc companies.

If you believe the American companies such as Apple and Case and John Deere are only in China to build crap for Chinese comsumption then perhaps you are in that giant bubble.

Not saying that any company building in China does not or will not have have its challenges. I know of boatbuilders having plenty of challenges. Seems supervision is the name of the game.

Cheers
Old 18-01-2012, 08:32   #60
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
The Chinese already own your ass boy, too late way too late. You couldnt fight them, think of the anarchy back home when your momma couldn't buy that cheap TV.
From the tone of your comments Boy I would think that you are either chinese yourself and cant stand the fact that the truth bites or your the poster child for all things inferior...I will leave the watching TV thing to your momma as my MOTHER just retired from CIA and dosent even own a TV,she has more important things to do like keep an eye on the important things in life,such as providing that security blanket that you and the rest of the world pull up every night you go to sleep...yea we will leave the watching tv to your momma..Boy and your right about logic!.... PS..wow I nee?....DVC