Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2021, 16:18   #76

Re: A little gasoline in the diesel

It has been common practice to add gasoline to diesel as a gel inhibiter for about a century.
NCWDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:23   #77

Boat: GibSea 472
Re: A little gasoline in the diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIT View Post
In Canada, in winter, eons ago; some folks used to add gasoline to their diesel. The addage was that up to 10% wouldn't do any harm.

I repaired diesels in heavy equipment for a number of years, and several of my customers were convinced of the benefits of adding gasoline to their fuel, in winter.

I don't advise you do it on purpose, but at 6%, in an engine of that vintage, you'll be fine.

As advised in another post, fill up more freqently for a while, so as to reduce the percentage of gasoline in the fuel.

Cheers.
Paul.
An operator of heavy equipment told me that in winter in Canada, it was mandatory to add some gazoline into the diesel tank. It made starting much easyier after a very cold night and affected not al all the duty performance of the equipment. So, don't worry about this gazoline it might make you happy!.
Elie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel