Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2018, 12:41   #16

Boat: Seawind 1000
Re: Which Catamaran should I be looking at in the 30 to 40ft used maybe new todays ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
If I were not so old, you might find me in Texas.

I’m hoping someone will head to Texas soon to buy her. Having two catamarans is too many!
SV Unwritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 12:57   #17

Boat: Gemini 105Mc
Re: Which Catamaran should I be looking at in the 30 to 40ft used maybe new todays ma

What do you want to do with the boat? Daysails? Weekends? Weeks or month long cruises? The answer to that question would be helpful in making a choice.

We take a month or two coastal cruise once or twice a year and the Gemini is perfect for this. The rest of the year we are daysailers.
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 13:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Unwritten View Post
I’m hoping someone will head to Texas soon to buy her. Having two catamarans is too many!
I DID! I looked at that boat & made what I thought was a fair offer...a year ago! I bought the one that was a couple docks over,didn't look as good as that one though. ..the one I did buy has a few issues but got em pretty much worked out... I wish you could have taken a bit less, I'd be on that one! Boat had fresh paint & looked good... Good luck! I have considered selling the one I bought but have not done it.... I flew out from Florida to sail back...
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 13:42   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
I DID! I looked at that boat & made what I thought was a fair offer...a year ago! I bought the one that was a couple docks over,didn't look as good as that one though. ..the one I did buy has a few issues but got em pretty much worked out... I wish you could have taken a bit less, I'd be on that one! Boat had fresh paint & looked good... Good luck! I have considered selling the one I bought but have not done it.... I flew out from Florida to sail back...

It wasn’t ours at the time. We bought it a year ago right around when you bought yours. We are selling so soon because there is only one boat we liked better than a Gemini, that is a Seawind 1000. When a great one came available in Texas we bought it and now have to sell the Gem.
Old 31-07-2018, 13:48   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Unwritten View Post
It wasn’t ours at the time. We bought it a year ago right around when you bought yours. We are selling so soon because there is only one boat we liked better than a Gemini, that is a Seawind 1000. When a great one came available in Texas we bought it and now have to sell the Gem.
That makes perfect sense because I was asking about it before I did the deal & they told me it had an offer,I probably watched you when you went on sea trials! LOL ...I was looking hard at that one! Hope it works out,Good luck....
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 13:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
That makes perfect sense because I was asking about it before I did the deal & they told me it had an offer,I probably watched you when you went on sea trials! LOL ...I was looking hard at that one! Hope it works out,Good luck....

Thanks I’m hoping to sell her soon. We are heading out cruising full time in November. Hope I’m down to one boat by then.
Old 31-07-2018, 17:04   #22

Boat: Seawind - 1160

Take a look at the Seawinds. They actually sail fast and are seaworthy.
Double-Wide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran