Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2019, 00:05   #16

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Re: Which Catamaran Brand??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSpooner View Post
Hey Stingo, Thanks for the reply. But I was talking more along the lines of build quality etc, I get what you mean though, We are heading to the Cannes Yachting Festival so we'll get aboard quite a few of them there hopefully!
Welcome, you are about to have a very exciting time! If you are talking about a better quality boat then the French built Privilege that I used to own is probably as good as they come. You will have to go up to 44ft (I'd recommend that anyway) and you will be looking at nearer your 10 year old limit as Privilege now start above 50ft.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:03   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Budget?
New or used?
Expectations of use?

We settled on a 2008 Leopard 40 owner's version and I'm happy with the choice.
I wish for dagger boards for better windward angles but those are typically priced twice as much for similar living accommodations.
Used, Budget I'd love to be around £200,000! But most can go higher, certainly no higher than 400.

We expect to sail it around Europe then if goes well around the world. I feel we'll do around the world in a weekend or so

Not sure about the 44ft, I was hoping 39ft would of been larger enough for us two. We'd be sat in a marina for the first year, Quoted 5K for the year for 38ft even though its 39. Would be near enough another 1k a year, not a massive issue long run especially if we want to go off.
ScottSpooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:08   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Maldives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSpooner View Post
I thought it was 6 months?
Wrong. As EU resident you have to pay VAT in the first EU port you get into. IF you are importing the vessel from the US be warned about the new taxes caused by the commercial "war" between EU/US (something like 50% more).

About the brands you mentioned, as you, i heard very bad things about Lagoons, specially the newer models and i have at least one direct experience about a 42 sold by owner out of despair.
riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:11   #19
B4A

Boat: 2018 Robertson and Caine, Leopard 40

We bought a new Leopard 40 owner version after considering Lagoon and FP. The layout of the new L40 is a game changer. We made it blue water capable, crossed the South Atlantic Ocean and we're now sailing along the coast of Brazil making our way to the Caribbean. The boat is fantastic.

If you want to learn more about our equipment on board, you can find all info here: www.sailingoroboro.com
Old 04-07-2019, 05:28   #20

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold

ScottSpooner... Just received the following info from Multihull World in Portsmouth this morning...

"Try A Boat
Proposed Date 13-14th July
We will be assembling a selection of multihulls over the weekend of the 13th and 14th July in Haslar marina. We will be offering short trial sails to those interested in buying similar multihulls in the near future.

Haslar Marina, is non tide restricted, and so an ideal base to undertake short trips giving those aboard a reasonable impression of their handling and performance.

We will present a Rapier 400, Twins 365, Farrier F27 catamaran. and a Broadblue 415. Additionally a Rapier 550 will be available to view. If you are interested in our Try A Boat event please drop us an email or contact us here at the office to book your attendance."

Would definitely be worth getting along to this event if you can make it. Multihull World ( www.multihullworld.com/index.asp ) have been around a long time and have a lot of experience.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran