Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2016, 05:44   #16

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: Wher to go for Catamaran friendly marine + not Pricey ?

Preveza is more in the middle of nowhere.
The airport is 2min away by taxi, but only active in summer time.

In winter you have to go there via Athens airport. That is an ~8h bus trip.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:50   #17
Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
The OP was asking about cats, so I gave him information about cats.

It's about 2hrs south and there is a bus service from the airport. Middle of no where? I guess it depends what the OP is looking for.

Feel free to offer another suggestion. I'd love to hear about other options.

Sure but if they dont charge a surplus for cats then that is the price for a mono, right?
Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:17   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri View Post
Sure but if they dont charge a surplus for cats then that is the price for a mono, right?
Its cheap for a multi but normal for a mono.
I would not call this expensive for the western Med, certainly not for a marina within reach of the Balearics.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:58   #19

Quote:
I'm still waiting for your suggestion of a better option.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:42   #20
Tri

Re: Where to go for Catamaran friendly marine + not Pricey ?

Sorry I have to disappoint you by not giving you a specific answer. From experience it does not help to get good prices by speaking about them publicly. Reasons are obvious. Prices in practice differ greatly from those on the price list and if you look around you can always find a great place at a reasonable price. Rest is subject to negotiation.

For example you can find a place to stay directly in Mallorca in a 12x4m slot for less than you have quoted. That is why I commented on the mono price because that is where I am right now with an annual contract.

Sorry for not being more specific.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:26   #21

Quote:
Sorry I have to disappoint you by not giving you a specific answer. From experience it does not help to get good prices by speaking about them publicly. Reasons are obvious. Prices in practice differ greatly from those on the price list and if you look around you can always find a great place at a reasonable price. Rest is subject to negotiation.

For example you can find a place to stay directly in Mallorca in a 12x4m slot for less than you have quoted. That is why I commented on the mono price because that is where I am right now with an annual contract.

What can help is to spread the word about reasonable prices in Marinas you have been to in previous years.
Chances are that folks will flock there, and prices in the other Marinas that you may visit next year are lower.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:36   #22
Tri

I agree and wish it would be that way. Reality often is that if you want to return in the future those who offer good prices then get the pressure to adhere to the "industry standard" of the eco system and not spoil the fun for everybody else.
Old 03-03-2016, 14:39   #23

Quote:

If you can negotiate huge discounts, then it is cheaper than what you suggest for Mallorca.

Reality is there is no secret cabal controlling prices and you aren't protecting the rare marina that violates the cabal pricing guidelines. If you don't feel like sharing information, why post on a thread asking for information? I can guarantee you sharing won't make bit of difference to anyone's pricing. I have my theories about what our behavior represents but there's a "be nice" policy for the forum.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 14:49   #24
Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
If you can negotiate huge discounts, then it is cheaper than what you suggest for Mallorca.

Reality is there is no secret cabal controlling prices and you aren't protecting the rare marina that violates the cabal pricing guidelines. If you don't feel like sharing information, why post on a thread asking for information? I can guarantee you sharing won't make bit of difference to anyone's pricing. I have my theories about what our behavior represents but there's a "be nice" policy for the forum.

Sorry but I did not understand what you are trying to say.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:56   #25

I have family and friends across the pond. Neither with a cat. Although a friend says he found a slip near Athens for about $1k usd for the entire year, 40' mono. Not sure what marina. From my own research about where it is cheapest to keepa cat, in a nice, sunny tropical area, is the Rio Dulce, Guatemala.
sailorcherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, marine, price