Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2018, 12:38   #1

Want to take my wife and kids on a cat

Hi folks,
I'm just reaching out to see if anybody on here might be willing to let me and my wife come to check out their catamaran with our two little girls.

I'm wondering if there are any folks on this board here in the Brevard County FL area that could be bribed with food and drinks to let me and the girls come to hang out with them and learn about their experience sailing catamarans and cruising in general.

Recently, my wife and I have begun to realize that our girls (8 & 11) are only going to be with us for a short time before they start their own lives and we want to give them a great platform to build good lives upon.

To our way of thinking, cruising and seeing the world is probably one of the best ways to ensure that happens. But before taking a bunch of time away from home shelling out a bunch of money on an official charter, which is definitely in our future, we're all about the baby steps.

When I used to have a boat, there seemed to be no shortage of folks wanting to come and hang out and they always brought food and drinks, so I'm wondering if maybe somebody has a lead on a cat owner here who might take me up on the same.

Please let me know if you are the sort that can have your expertise and time sold for food and drinks :-) Or if you know of anybody of that sort, we'll get along swimmingly.

Thank you,
Tim
timinfla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 16:04   #2

Boat: Leopard 39
Re: Want to take my wife and kids on a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinfla2 View Post
Hi folks,
I'm just reaching out to see if anybody on here might be willing to let me and my wife come to check out their catamaran with our two little girls.

I'm wondering if there are any folks on this board here in the Brevard County FL area that could be bribed with food and drinks to let me and the girls come to hang out with them and learn about their experience sailing catamarans and cruising in general.

Recently, my wife and I have begun to realize that our girls (8 & 11) are only going to be with us for a short time before they start their own lives and we want to give them a great platform to build good lives upon.

To our way of thinking, cruising and seeing the world is probably one of the best ways to ensure that happens. But before taking a bunch of time away from home shelling out a bunch of money on an official charter, which is definitely in our future, we're all about the baby steps.

When I used to have a boat, there seemed to be no shortage of folks wanting to come and hang out and they always brought food and drinks, so I'm wondering if maybe somebody has a lead on a cat owner here who might take me up on the same.

Please let me know if you are the sort that can have your expertise and time sold for food and drinks :-) Or if you know of anybody of that sort, we'll get along swimmingly.

Thank you,
Tim
If you're already planning a charter, I would suggest boat shows or the ASA catamaran course as a baby step. I don't think many yacht owners are going to be motivated by offers of food and drink.
danielamartindm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 16:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielamartindm View Post
If you're already planning a charter, I would suggest boat shows or the ASA catamaran course as a baby step. I don't think many yacht owners are going to be motivated by offers of food and drink.
Yea, you're right, I'll be checking it out. It's funny, when I had my boat in MI, I was always having people out to check it out, ask questions, etc. I guess times have changed. Either that or I'm a crappy cook, haha.

I actually got really lucky the other day, I was strolling through a Marina here in Port Canaveral and this guy gave me a wave, next thing you know we're talking and he showing me all over his Leopard. Awesome guy, and he couldn't have waived at a better time of my life. He helped answer a ton of questions for me, and that's really all I was looking for.

Thanks for reaching out - I'm looking forward to the boat shows this fall!

Take care,
Tim
Old 29-07-2018, 11:49   #4

I am restoring a Maine cat 41 in North Carolina. If you decide to charter I can offer her for less than half the going rate and even less by the month, I would only offer her to two groups a year.
Cheers,
Stephen
multihuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:39   #5

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

My boat is in West Palm, and I would be happy to give a tour. Problem is that I live in Kansas, and won't be back to the boat until Sept or Oct.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by multihuler View Post
I am restoring a Maine cat 41 in North Carolina. If you decide to charter I can offer her for less than half the going rate and even less by the month, I would only offer her to two groups a year.
Cheers,
Stephen
Thank you Stephen - if we ever get up your way, I'll be sure to look you up!
Old 08-08-2018, 11:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadosailing View Post
My boat is in West Palm, and I would be happy to give a tour. Problem is that I live in Kansas, and won't be back to the boat until Sept or Oct.
Too cool! Enjoy your time in KS and if you need anybody to check your lines, feel free to give me a holler. If you have the time when you get back to FL, I'd love to come to learn more about your chosen boat.

Thank you!

-Tim

Tags
kids