Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2020, 02:48   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 Sold November 2018
Vision 444

Anybody had a look at the Vision 444 Catamaran, a new model looks to be out of the of the Knysna manufacturer. I thought it has some interesting design ideas I quite liked it, could be a serious competitor to the Seawind 1370.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 03:50   #2

Re: Vision 444

I saw their YouTube videos. It looks like a beautiful and practical design.
rubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 16:17   #3

Is anyone familiar with Vision's build quality and attention to detail?
rubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 19:02   #4

Boat: Lagoon 400 Sold November 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberducky View Post
Is anyone familiar with Vision's build quality and attention to detail?
Well not sure of the Company but it looks like Knysna people, if so I have read the the quality was very good, must say the 500 Knysna style was not my cup of tea.

I have studied the video's and I really like the Vision 444, I have sent off a email requesting pricing but have not heard back as yet. What I don't like about the current crop of the big three is the lounge on the roof, more weight, more cost good for the charter people I guess, the Seawind 1370 and the Vision 444 have thankfully not followed this trend, I just wonder where one would store all the cushions when all these seats are not being used.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 00:16   #5

Maybe it's the angle but the bridge deck clearance looks a little low in the back? I know Knysna/ St Francis/ Maverick have a similar tendency. Maybe it's the way they like to do things over there.

The chart table placement seems odd. I guess it's a throwback to monohulls or just different for different sake? But I think having a proper chair with a feeling of space space behind you like all the other performance cats (seawind, outremer, balance, Marsaudon) is the default standard on a cat for a reason.

With all the possibilities of FRP construction, the lines of the boat look a little clunky compared to the outremers and Marsaudons of the world. Seawind looks sleeker in renderings as well but we'll need to see the real thing. Maybe vision doesnt have access to 5 axis milling machines? I notice their designs look a bit industrial compared to outremer, marsaudon, seawind.

Do love the design of the hull interiors though.
Yihang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 03:27   #6

Boat: Lagoon 450F

I used to have the drawings and photos of one or two boats, but chose differently. Contact Tommy Smith at https://www.sailawaycatamarans.com/ for updates on the boat. If I recall correctly, they had one boat outfitted for wheelchair access that was pretty impressive. Never saw it in person but there were some nice features.
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote