Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 05:49   #1

Urgent! Need Propeller for 40 hp Yanmar MY 3JH4CE - FP Belize 43

The Belize 43 FP i have bay need 2 new propeller for 2 new engine 40 hp Yanmar mod. MY 3JH4CE. The Italian Importer do not sell this kind of propeller

URGENT REPLAY !!

Do sombody know the exact tipe of propeller i need?

Tankyou in advance.
Gianni

Sorry for my englisch i am italian.
schipperaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13   #2

Boat: Fountaine pajot, Belize 43
Props

Scipperatcio,

The original aluminiums props are 16" dia X 12" pitch. This propeller also fits the Volvo saildrives. With your upgraded motors I would recommend a higher pich eg. 14". You need to contact a serious propeller vendor to have him calculate the accurate pitch, not an easy task since the accurate boat measurements are not readily accessible. You should however be careful at increasing the prop dia as this can lead to increase noise.

I have lost one of my props and bought two brand new props from a yacht slip that removes the fixed props from new monohulls and replace them with folding props. I would contact some of the yacht/motor shops in your area. For information I paid NOK2500 for the two props here in Norway.

Good luck with you hunt!

Happy lead free sailin
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:18   #3

Tanks, but i need to have info from a FP Belize 43 skipper or owner that have 40 hp Yanmar or maybe Volvo and if he info me the exact made and number of the model i will be very happy.
I realy need the exact propeller number or dia you agree?
Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Scipperatcio,

The original aluminiums props are 16" dia X 12" pitch. This propeller also fits the Volvo saildrives. With your upgraded motors I would recommend a higher pich eg. 14". You need to contact a serious propeller vendor to have him calculate the accurate pitch, not an easy task since the accurate boat measurements are not readily accessible. You should however be careful at increasing the prop dia as this can lead to increase noise.

I have lost one of my props and bought two brand new props from a yacht slip that removes the fixed props from new monohulls and replace them with folding props. I would contact some of the yacht/motor shops in your area. For information I paid NOK2500 for the two props here in Norway.

Good luck with you hunt!

Happy lead free sailin
Old 10-11-2009, 08:52   #4

Boat: Fountaine pajot, Belize 43
props

What you can do is check out Belize' for sale in the largest for sale websites like Multihull Maven, Yacht world and others. The specs indicate the motor size and you can ask them of the prop size.

As I said, depending an your use of the engine I would just buy two fixed blade 16" x 14" props. They quite cheap and will do a reasonable job!
You have to bear in mind that these standard props are in no way optimal for any yacht, they are a compromise. To get your optimal prop the Maxprop is the only way to go since no folding props fits on the Belize.

Good luck

Happy lead free sailin
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 08:37   #5

tank you, i have contact 2 different companys and i will soon know the best propeller. I will bay a 3 blades.
Ciao

Tags
belize 43, catamaran, yanmar