Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2011, 21:50   #1

Translatlantic 21- All-Solar Cat !

transatlantic21: Boat

On this boat , if you see their home page it will show that the panels produce 10 kw of power but the engines, seem to use 16 kw of power (if both used). To maintain their 6 knot average I would imagine they werent cruising on one motor. Then how did they power the motors. I'll also assume since 1/3 of the day is dark, you'd have to produce 1/3 more than you'd consume to be able to charge your batteries for the evening.

Is my math wrong or did I read their specs wrong ?

Great concept and use for this cat though a huge waste of space in the middle. Hell, you could play basketball on that space. I assume used for functions. But a great concept for charters which must spend a good 1/2 of their expenses on fuel. Won't get from Pi Pi to Phuket in an hour but then again, won't have to buy 40 gallons of fuel for the speedboat will you? Dive excursions etc. Excellent. Can anyone here estimate how much a cat like that would cost ? Separate the PV systems from the rest.
adamskiinasia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar