Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2012, 13:02   #16

Re: Tradewinds 28

I've also gone and seen the tradewinds tri an Half Moon Bay. It is named ofter don Coyotee's horse (spelled wrong, sorry). It looks like a good machine, and I even went online and looked around to see how much it would cost to ship to the east coast on a truck, since it folds...not bad, I must say...Perhaps a certain east coaster should retrace my steps there. They may find they are closer to that tradewinds being theirs than they think...
RRivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 19:32   #17

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!

You're tempting me to go have a look at this boat soon!
It looks like it would make a nice camper/cruiser.
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 19:46   #18

I would if I were you. But please to tell Karl that I was the one to motivate you. He doesn't know me yet, but I seriously considered his boat before I found a better deal on mine. Not less money, but I have to say that "the only rigid wing made" caught my attention too much to pass..
Old 25-04-2012, 19:49   #19

the rigid wing version of course being mine now... I would still go buy it now, just to have both options, but I won't have the cash for that until mid June. You better hurry, or it's mine.
Old 25-04-2012, 20:15   #20

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!

A few weeks ago I was in Half Moon Bay and I saw it on a mooring from a distance. I couldn't figure out what it was because I had never seen one before.
I'll take some photos if I do get to see it this weekend. I think it would do well down in So Cal waters for Catalina escapades.
Headroom seems fairly decent. I wouldn't have figured it being 6' down below.
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:13   #21

I spoke with Karl the other day. He said that he'd had offers, but none to his liking. He also informed me that the boat was covered with bird crapWould be great to see some pic's of this one inside and out.
It's still too far for me. It's nice to see that there are a few of these around. I'd love to find a kit, new in a warehouse somewhere. With all the options of course.
Moe R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 21:25   #22

Hi Guys ,
joined the forum just now so want to say hello and whats up.
I am the "gentlemen" that sold the white TW28 on ebay .
I have upgraded since to a searunner 31 and i am currently working on the boat to get her cruising.
The TR28 is a great little trimaran , it has the looks , it has the performance but lacks the blue water capabilities for my taste.
It is a solid design though , and with some "beef" in the right places , might do ocean passages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_sam_0191.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	42651  
oceanpirate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:34   #23

Hi , it is interesting reading these posts and I agree that although the TW is not a blue water boat it is a relatively seaworthy design. I've know the first owner for 25+ years and watched it come together and since he sold it go down hill. I passed on the chance to buy her in 1998 and always regretted it. Since then I've kept an eye on her and watched her slow demise. Finally last week I bought her from Karl after so many years of coveting her. She needs lots of work and money but she should be back to life again some day soon.
Sandyt4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 19:17   #24

Just to be clear, Karl brought the boat back from the brink of utter neglect and its very obvious that he invested a great deal of time in the process as well as I imagine money as everything boat related demands that. I found him to be one of the most honest and likable people I've met in a long while. Had he had time in the future to invest in the boat she would have shown well for it. Hopefully she will suffer no less under the new owner. If there is any info on these boats that any one has I'd be very interested in hearing it.
Thanks
Sandyt4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:16   #25

Well said on all points Sandy. Yes, when I sopke with Karl he was awsome. Hope to see some pics. Would love something like that to bomb around on weekends on LI sound.
Moe R is offline   Reply With Quote