Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2009, 09:28   #61

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
The 2009 ARC is now into its third day, with steady and uniform tradewinds pushing the fleet downwind. They are all in the same conditions, so its a great opportunity to see how the various designs are performing. There are 18 multihulls in the group, and you can compare them more easily by going to the fleet viewer and clicking on the "class" heading", then scrolling down to multihulls.

A privilege 495 is leading the group, with the last day's run of 198 miles, while a Lagoon 380 turned a paltry 131 miles.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 03:26   #62

Hello!

When I see this list of cats, topic starter basically wants a comfortable home to float on, without really considering the advantages of a multihull where speed is concerned. Well, to a certain degree, as the Outremer is a fast cat and in my eyes, the most able of the list. But, Outremers do not have the creature comforts of a Nautitech or Lagoon, but sail twice as good. The Catana is also a good alternative.
I would look for sailability and higher speeds in acceptable comfort, against having everything on board, incl. my kitchen sink. But that's personal.
I am also looking at Schionning and Grainger designs. Still comfortable, but speedy too.
rocma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 05:39   #63

Boat: boatless atm
Send a message via MSN to bobfnbw
The topic starter cruised the pacific on a cat. So, I figure he knows somewhat what he wants.
I am a monohull sailor, but to me the Antares looks pretty sweet. But for almost 900K, ouch. You cat owners must have a deep pocket.
I'll admit to liking the boat, but for that much cash on can get a used sundeer 60' with a enclosed pilothouse.

But if you can afford it, I say go with the antares. Looks like you wouldn't be unhappy with her.
Bob
Old 29-11-2009, 07:35   #64

Boat: a sailing boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcruiser View Post
Hello!

I am also looking at Schionning and Grainger designs. Still comfortable, but speedy too.
Don't know Grainger but have a first hand experience with Schionning. Schionning vs. Catana is like WV vs. Volvo. But, of course, you can get a 60 footer vs. 45 footer at the same cost.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 19:34   #65

Boat: 1991 Lagoon 55
I think you should add a Chris White Boat to your consideration set. Here's a 42ft for sale: Chris White Designs (S. Dartmouth, MA)
JamesANGreen is offline   Reply With Quote