Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2016, 12:19   #61

Re: SV La Vagabonde new ride

Great post SV Bacchus, couldn't agree more! Fair winds!
P.Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 12:26   #62

Boat: 38' Beneteau Moorings

La Vaga is by far my favorite youtube crew.
Not sure why anyone would be upset that they are making a few bucks or upgrading - good for them!
I think I will enjoy watching the transition from monohull sailor to a cat.
tikirawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 12:45   #63

Haters gotta Hate
Some people do Not want you to have a Dime more than them
The Jealousy runs deep that someone went from little to something

I watch because SLV is enjoying the adventure of new experiences
Never get so old you forget what it like to be young

Be Happy they are the 1 of thousands of people on youtube that are able to get a decent dollar while sailing

Besides once they got to Australia then what ?
Now they get to go back and start over with a new look
Anyone remember Last year when he was welding on that ocean oil rig ?
5 years from now when she is judging Australian Idol or on The View, You can say I remember when she was on that sailboat
wkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 12:58   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaire View Post
Agree about how great their adventures have been, the kind of people you would like to meet in your anchorage,, an inspiration to many i am sure.

Just a little sad that another mono is being replaced by a multi, "boat". The times they are a changing, the march of the catamaran goes on......

I will keep watching though, for their personalities, not the boat.
The march of the catamaran goes on by personal concensus. Nobody buys a catamaran unless the like it and want one. The reasons are immaterial, the buyer chooses on their criteria.

I watch infrequently. For me it is about how the show highlights the issues facing them and how they deal with it. I look at all the different vlogs on sailing and have favourites for a while and then lose interest when the subject changes to something I have no affinity for. I supported one for a while but eventually moved on.

They will be the same personalities on a different boat. The show will take on a different atmosphere and be worth me watching for a while. A Cat will allow different cruising areas and more space for guests and family and for another type of story.

Its a show. How why when and who pays is of no interest to me. I like to be be entertained. They are living their life. Having more fun than most of us and supporting themselves with hard work.

Everyone has to fund their sailing somehow.

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 13:28   #65

Boat: Chamberlin 12.4m

Another congrats from me. Two smart people doing well at what they love.
Btw, on the mono to cat thing. I was in Whitsundays recently, and in one of the most! popular anchorages, counted 26 cats and 16 monos. ( including powerboats). Things do appear to be changing.
seaskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 13:39   #66

Congrats to those two! People love to hate when good people work hard and achieve great goals...they love bad news. These two didn't start off thinking this was going to happen, they busted their ass, learned along the way and developed their own brand from scratch and that's freaking awesome. I have watched most of their videos but not all and it is a great story of real people living life to the fullest.

I do wonder in what currency they are thinking the O45 is a million dollar boat though. The O51 yes, regardless if they are now employees of Outremer and get use of the boat for marketing or they bought it for a song, it is a great deal for both of parties involved.
ol1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 13:49   #67
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter57 View Post
Congrats to them, Elayna is a star and riley seems like a good bloke (a very lucky one at that) though a raft with sails does not appeal to me at all dislike sailing on them altogether. Great for parking.

Good posts MARKJ and SV Third Day.

Can't really say I would enjoy sailing on a pirate look alike sailboat, but I do enjoy sailing past them on our catamaran:-).

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 14:09   #68

Boat: 2019 Saona 47

I think that it is great! Good for them. We enjoy their videos very much.

Good for Outremer as well. It is actually a shrewd advertising decision on their part in my opinion. Their boats gets heaps of exposure to a far more broad audience and will hopefully generate interest in their product amongst a younger clientele.

I wonder if Lagoon would have any interest in sponsoring a less than photogenic, non-internet video savvy, not necessarily interesting middle aged couple on a new L52S? We would happily post videos weekly without regard to content or production quality if they would be so kind as to "gift" us a new cat. You know, to represent the older, slower paced demographic
HighTemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 14:26   #69

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTemp View Post

(...)

I wonder if Lagoon would have any interest in sponsoring a less than photogenic, non-internet video savvy, not necessarily interesting middle aged couple on a new L52S? We would happily post videos weekly without regard to content or production quality if they would be so kind as to "gift" us a new cat. You know, to represent the older, slower paced demographic
Mind they created the whole content prior to getting the new boat deal.

Go out. Show what you can do, THEN go to sponsors ask them for a deal.

Sitting at a bar and PROMISING to post something somewhere may get you some raised eyebrows, at best.

;-)
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 14:30   #70

Boat: Adams/Davis 35ft 7in. Custom. 2007

I remember multihull sailors used to call monohulls.....' monomarans', haven't heard it for awhile. Maybe it's just an Australian thing. Best of luck to them, maybe a family soon !! They'll have the space.
picklesandjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 14:30   #71

Boat: 2019 Saona 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Mind they created the whole content prior to getting the new boat deal.

Go out. Show what you can do, THEN go to sponsors ask them for a deal.

Sitting at a bar and PROMISING to post something somewhere may get you some raised eyebrows, at best.

;-)
b.
It was meant as light hearted sarcasm...apparently not very well presented....
HighTemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 14:53   #72

Boat: Rival Sailing Yacht 34ft

As a 70year old sailor I admire this young couple of La Vagabond. They are doing what many would have liked to have done but put it aside for careers and the money. When they reach my age they will reflect with a smile of what they did. Lets raise a glass to them and wish them fair winds on their journey of life.
Terry107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 15:07   #73

Boat: Adams/Davis 35ft 7in. Custom. 2007
Angry Re: SV La Vagabonde new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry107 View Post
As a 70year old sailor I admire this young couple of La Vagabond. They are doing what many would have liked to have done but put it aside for careers and the money. When they reach my age they will reflect with a smile of what they did. Lets raise a glass to them and wish them fair winds on their journey of life.
Yes, I agree. I'm 72 next month and have been doing it for 50 years. 27 different boats. More too come maybe ??? Death awaits however.
picklesandjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 15:15   #74

Boat: 38' Crowther Windspeed

Don't know if any other manufacturers made an offer but at least they have accepted an offer from one of the very few Catamaran Builders that I would purchase from and as for the comments that they have a following in the 30 year old group, maybe so but that doesn't mean that people from the older more affluent age group don't follow their adventurers so I believe that it is a good advertising move from Outremer and also shows their confidence in their product.
Kinta Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 16:31   #75

Yes they are a wonderful couple, really down to earth. They are my favourite cruisers.
Rorzech is offline   Reply With Quote