Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-08-2008, 06:56   #46

Boat: Privilege 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctpc View Post
The water on the table just kills mono people

Old 24-08-2008, 06:59   #47

Boat: saga kan walker 31ft
Send a message via Skype™ to sctpc
How did you save it? dam im useing my limit as I keep downloading it
sctpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 06:59   #48

Boat: Beneteau First 42
Excellent video story and one that my (far) better half shall never see if I can possibly prevent it! Good luck with the new yacht. I do hope you'll post film of that when she arrives!

Cheers,

s/v HyLyte
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 07:15   #49

Boat: Will be a 50' Cat
Gludy, Just curious, why look at the Leopard if you have already ordered the St. Francis? As a pilot, was also just curious if you fly the Helicopter on your yacht too ?

Thanks again for sharing the video, I have more than used up my share of the server time :-)
capcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 07:33   #50

Boat: Dolphin 460 Catamaran WONDERLAND
Gludy:

In Cruising World this month the St Francis 50 was profiled. They claim the sail away price was about $800k. The problem with the published price is you never know what that did not includ. What is the actual sail away price for a St Francis 50?
Old 24-08-2008, 07:36   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcook View Post
Gludy, Just curious, why look at the Leopard if you have already ordered the St. Francis?
He did the leopard test before...

And after that focus is on the ST Francis, as i understand.
Old 24-08-2008, 07:38   #52

Boat: Privilege 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctpc View Post
How did you save it? dam im useing my limit as I keep downloading it
Just paused, and then used print screen, and chopped the picture down to the image using Paint Shop Pro.
Old 24-08-2008, 08:17   #53
cruiser

Boat: St Francis 50 on order
A number of questions .... here are the answers.

I will be posting the entire St Francis story on videos - all of which will be in the video gallery for you to see. I am filming in SA soon both sailing and the factory.

Question:-
Gludy, Just curious, why look at the Leopard if you have already ordered the St. Francis? As a pilot, was also just curious if you fly the Helicopter on your yacht too ?
Answer
I made the video of the Leopard as part of my search for a boat. It will, I think be an interesting video for some and so I am publishing it just as i would publish any other boat trip or visit to a sail making factory etc. I am accumulating stock footage for a series of DVD's down the road and combine my hobbies together to enjoy myself. This is why I am interested in any project concerned with sailing.
I do not fly the helecopter - a very good pilot to whom I am grateful did that. The chopper could not fly forward with the door open so the first part was done through the tinted windows. The door was opened to do a circle without flying forward. It was a private yacht we took off from but not mine. The chopper and the boat and the jet that supports both belong to a very nice chap.
I actually get vertigo and the thought of flying with open doors scares the hell out of me but I simply cannot turn down any video opportunity

Question:-
In Cruising World this month the St Francis 50 was profiled. They claim the sail away price was about $800k. The problem with the published price is you never know what that did not includ. What is the actual sail away price for a St Francis 50?
Answer:-
The one in the video was a fitted out boat with a lot of extras and sold for $800k USA as new. It was just the demo boat.
Inflation means that my price starts at a higher price but in brod terms I am paying about the same for the boat without the extras to my spec than I am adding a load of extras - the price will be nearer to the $1m USA but only because I am adding a lot of extras.

I did three videos in my recent round of boats but decided not to publish the first because events did not turn out well on that boat (no prized for guessing the boat ). I am totally responsible for any mistakes and for all views on the videos. Nobody is paying a cent for the publicity but then nobody has editorial control either. I very much enjoy doing it and its a great way to have experiences such as the chopper ride!

I can say that there will be dozens of sailing videos coming out on a future web site - so this is just the start.
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 08:42   #54
KGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gludy View Post

I did three videos in my recent round of boats but decided not to publish the first because events did not turn out well on that boat...
Sounds like that builder needs to bring you back for a do-over. Eagerly waiting for acceptance from the builder side.
KGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 08:49   #55
cruiser

Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Quote:
Sounds like that builder needs to bring you back for a do-over. Eagerly waiting for acceptance from the builder side.
No chance - I only get run over by a bus one, maybe twice but not three times
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 16:01   #56

Took a while to get the chance to watch, great video Gludy.
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote