Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 12:27   #1

selling bridgdeck cat

I have a real good but older crowther spindrift bridge cat which has been little used and been refitted /poly u paint etc. .This is a real thoroughbred SAILING cat with plenty of room a real looker with everything, absolutely no hull problems .Not really a ladies boat unless she loves sailing all riggingand sails in real good nik 2 little diesels solar panels ,electronics etc. BUT I DONT SEEM TO ABLE TO GET A REASONABLE OFFER most are time wasters or want it for nothing am I wrong I want 75k (australia)
baycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 13:10   #2

Boat: Simpson 12
Re: selling bridgdeck cat

Any photos?
fursoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:50   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Is it this one?

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-fo...THER-Spindrift
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 18:27   #4

Boat: Simpson 12

I have looked at that one, but I just don't have the skills to turn it into a liveaboard for my family.

If anyone was able to point me in the right direction and provide an estimate on refitting it with some mod cons I would consider it.
fursoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 19:51   #5

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

A posting, with pics, in the For Sale section might help. And how much room over the bunks? In the hulls? On the bridgedeck? Equipment? Construction & materials?

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:27   #6

You asked so don't kill the messanger:

"not a ladies boat" screams it's really a project boat that most cruisers will need to dump a bunch of money into to get up to snuff to take out cruising. If I'm buying a project boat, I want it for next to nothing.

If it's actually in good condition but just a stripped down racing machine, the market is small.

Most (ie: time wasters) check it out and find out it's not for them. Others (low ball offers) know there is little market for a 26yr old race boat, so they want to see if they can get a deal.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:42   #7
Writing Full-Time Since 2014

Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baycruiser View Post
I have a real good but older crowther spindrift bridge cat which has been little used and been refitted /poly u paint etc. .This is a real thoroughbred SAILING cat with plenty of room a real looker with everything, absolutely no hull problems .Not really a ladies boat unless she loves sailing all riggingand sails in real good nik 2 little diesels solar panels ,electronics etc. BUT I DONT SEEM TO ABLE TO GET A REASONABLE OFFER most are time wasters or want it for nothing am I wrong I want 75k (australia)
The other thing that may be hurting you is the writing. Poor writing suggests a seller who is not taking the sale seriously, does not take maintenance seriously, and should be talked down. Take the ad writing process as seriously as you would writing a resume.
  • Run on sentences.
  • Incorrect punctuation.
  • Poor grammar.
  • Poor spelling.
  • Poor formatting.
  • No slang. It's alright at the pub, but not in a serious ad.
Seems like a nice boat, but it is a small niche.
Old 11-01-2017, 21:36   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fursoc View Post
Any photos?
see boatsales aust under cat 85k
Old 11-01-2017, 22:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
You asked so don't kill the messanger:

"not a ladies boat" screams it's really a project boat that most cruisers will need to dump a bunch of money into to get up to snuff to take out cruising. If I'm buying a project boat, I want it for next to nothing.

If it's actually in good condition but just a stripped down racing machine, the market is small.

Most (ie: time wasters) check it out and find out it's not for them. Others (low ball offers) know there is little market for a 26yr old race boat, so they want to see if they can get a deal.
How little you really know about what makes a good cruising boat I have cruised for a long time on one of these(12 years) and sailing is more important to me than some so called creature comforts demanded by some. creature comforts become slavedrivers ..waterwasters power consumers and weight and these are dirty words to a real cruiser I dont need or want 2bathrooms multiple bedrooms and lots of lining that hides big problems and add weight and lots of rubbish storage ..( weight smell cokies damp problems )I can justify this vessell all day but the person who is genuine will know.I have tried to sail most of the so called good boats and they just dont go and until you have sailed one of these you will never truly know. Dont really want to be mean but some of these comments are reflective of the would bes I have had to deal with for quite a while
Old 11-01-2017, 22:21   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwater View Post
The other thing that may be hurting you is the writing. Poor writing suggests a seller who is not taking the sale seriously, does not take maintenance seriously, and should be talked down. Take the ad writing process as seriously as you would writing a resume.
  • Run on sentences.
  • Incorrect punctuation.
  • Poor grammar.
  • Poor spelling.
  • Poor formatting.
  • No slang. It's alright at the pub, but not in a serious ad.
Seems like a nice boat, but it is a small niche.
Thanks for your comments but not your silly supposition re maintainence my concise brief summary may reflect I prefer to concentrate on important things not try to gloss over with B>S>
Old 11-01-2017, 22:24   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Yes thats it but the 85k reflects some xtra things I was going to do ie survey ,ins and rego and to allow some negotiation
Old 11-01-2017, 23:26   #12

Quote:
How little you really know about what makes a good cruising boat I have cruised for a long time on one of these(12 years) and sailing is more important to me than some so called creature comforts demanded by some. creature comforts become slavedrivers ..waterwasters power consumers and weight and these are dirty words to a real cruiser I dont need or want 2bathrooms multiple bedrooms and lots of lining that hides big problems and add weight and lots of rubbish storage ..( weight smell cokies damp problems )I can justify this vessell all day but the person who is genuine will know.I have tried to sail most of the so called good boats and they just dont go and until you have sailed one of these you will never truly know. Dont really want to be mean but some of these comments are reflective of the would bes I have had to deal with for quite a while
As I said, don't shoot the messenger. We've had 10 odd years full time cruising. While I agree with some of your assessment, I disagree with other parts and based on sales, most buyers disagree with even more of your assessment of what makes a good cruising boat.

You are confusing what YOU consider a good cruising boat and what THE MARKET considers a good cruising boat.

Only a very small slice of the cruising community agrees with your assessment of what makes a good cruising boat. As long as that slice is small, the market will discount boats geared towards it because there are few buyers. It will also result in tire kickers who decide not to follow up. It will also result in low offers because apparently they aren't "real cruisers" but if they can get it low enough they can "ruin" the boat to fit their needs.

Until you realize how the market is viewing your boat, you will continue to be frustrated by buyers disagreeing with your vast knowledge of what makes a perfect cruising boat.
Old 12-01-2017, 00:35   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
As I said, don't shoot the messenger. We've had 10 odd years full time cruising. While I agree with some of your assessment, I disagree with other parts and based on sales, most buyers disagree with even more of your assessment of what makes a good cruising boat.

You are confusing what YOU consider a good cruising boat and what THE MARKET considers a good cruising boat.

Only a very small slice of the cruising community agrees with your assessment of what makes a good cruising boat. As long as that slice is small, the market will discount boats geared towards it because there are few buyers. It will also result in tire kickers who decide not to follow up. It will also result in low offers because apparently they aren't "real cruisers" but if they can get it low enough they can "ruin" the boat to fit their needs.

Until you realize how the market is viewing your boat, you will continue to be frustrated by buyers disagreeing with your vast knowledge of what makes a perfect cruising boat.
points accepted thanks
Old 12-01-2017, 01:26   #14

Quote:
points accepted thanks
Sorry if it came across as harsh.

I'm sure she's your baby and you choose her for very good reasons that match your style of cruising. That makes it really hard when other people don't see her the way you do.

I have mixed feelings on brokers (and I do have some negative ones to balance this out, so I'm not recommending you use one or not) but this is one of the reasons some suggest using one. They don't have any personal feelings towards the boat or it's suitability, so they won't get caught up in why you fell in love with her, so in theory they can be objective regarding what the market price should be.

Tags
deck