Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2010, 06:30   #1

Sailing from Europe to Brazil ?

Dear All,

I'm looking for a sailing boat from somewhere around Europe to Brazil on which I can hope on board around March 2011. After arrived in Brazil, I would like to go overland to Ecuador. I hope to make a documentary of the whole trip.

Has anybody an idea on how to arrange for me a boat like this (a tall ship, catamaran, whatever)? Or does anybody intend to go over there at around the same time?

Best, Fien
Fien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 07:56   #2

If you can go in Nov 2010, from Gran Canaria. Then google arc, atlantic rally for cruisers. 200-300 Boats, atleast a part of the trip.
Old 31-07-2010, 01:53   #3

Boat: Reinke, 15m, Present
Hi Fien,

Via the ARC, the Atlantic Rallye for Cruisers, is an idea, but I guess most of the ARC cruisers end up in St.Lucia, West Indies and not in Brazil. When we went to Brazil, we also started in the Canaries though.
What you could do is contact marina's in the Canaries, like San Sebastian on Gomera, Puerta La Cruz or San Christobal on Tenerife and see if they know of boats that are preparing (some people take a long time preparing).

You are already writing to cruiser forums. Another biggy is www.ssca.org and they have a crewing-chapter if I remember correctly. Since you're leaving from Europe try www.trans-ocean.de

Another thought -and this one is a long shot-: contact Philippe, the owner of the small Marina "Jacare Village" on the Rio Paraiba, just north of Recife and south of Natal. We visited Jacare Village a few years ago.
Philippe knows many French sailors and is getting French boats in all the time, sometimes directly from La Rochelle. And you know, not all they say about French sailors is true.... :-)
email: contact <at> marina-jacare-village <dot> com
Telephone (55)83 32 48 36 38 Mobile (55) 83 88 55 44 39

Lot's of luck and take care.
Cheers, Len.
svpresent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21   #4

trip to Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Dear All,

I'm looking for a sailing boat from somewhere around Europe to Brazil on which I can hope on board around March 2011. After arrived in Brazil, I would like to go overland to Ecuador. I hope to make a documentary of the whole trip.

Has anybody an idea on how to arrange for me a boat like this (a tall ship, catamaran, whatever)? Or does anybody intend to go over there at around the same time?

Best, Fien
Hi,

If things do work out as planned, I might do the trip in my own boat. I am looking for 1-2 crew to Bahia, either Salvador or Porto Seguro

Gerhard
airliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 05:34   #5
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
you know, not all they say about French sailors is true
You mean they are not the best in the world!

There is a French Rally to brasil or somewhere in South America, cant remember what it is called though

dave
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Brazil