Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2014, 22:55   #16

Re: Royal Cape Catamaran

I watched the youtube videos for Karizma and Majestic, WOW!! Absolutely beautiful! It looks like a used one is still over double my price range, but I can still admire that level of luxury and spaciousness!

I've been thinking about putting a top loading freezer, like 9 or 10 cuft, under the cockpit table of whatever boat I buy, and this just reinforces that idea. I also love the fridge, washer/dryer and ice maker all on the cockpit as well.

The hulls and deck look "chubbier" than other catamarans, but they make great use of the interior space. I especially like how tall the ceilings are above the beds, very open and roomy feeling.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 17:26   #17

Boat: FreeFlow 50 cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post

The hulls and deck look "chubbier" than other catamarans, but they make great use of the interior space.
"Chubbier" is putting it kindly if you look at the photos in the Launching gallery on their website, particularly the head on shot showing the hulls out of the water.

That is some serious wetted surface area!
BigBeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 18:02   #18

Boat: currently a power boat :(

Beauty is on the inside, and inside it is a beautiful boat
Old 21-08-2014, 08:12   #19
Marine Service Provider

Dont mean any offense , but this design looks like something from the 70's
Its gotta be one of the ugliest production cats i have seen and the bridge deck well...
Do they have any resale value
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 08:29   #20

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
Dont mean any offense , but this design looks like something from the 70's
Its gotta be one of the ugliest production cats i have seen and the bridge deck well...
Do they have any resale value

it's funny how we all have different taste... I think the Cat is GORGEOUS, inside and out.. but I will agree with you on the Bridgedeck... that can't be much fun in rough seas..

I also would like to know how they hold their value...
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 01:06   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Kreef

HI John do you have any experience with the RCC 45 model specifically the 2000 year?
Old 19-06-2015, 01:50   #22
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Miura 31

Kreef, I have only seen one from afar - never been on board, so really cannot pass comment. John.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 01:53   #23

Boat: Royal Cape 53

Hi Scarlet,
not been on here for a while...
the boat is great in rough seas...read previous threads...virtually no slap due to the buoyancy of the hulls. Had so many people on board comment on the smooth ride.
decided to keep Karizma after all,basically can not find a replacement that gives me anywhere near the space/safety and all round ability to go anywhere with my family. and have fun on the water as well.
Royal Cape is a small company producing only 3 boats a year. Not many around and i like that. I have been been so thankful for all the ongoing help,advice,shipping of parts and general support of owner Ken and his loyal crew.
Important thing as always is whatever boat you end up with ,as often repeated,going to be a compromise between speed and comfort.there are so many amazing boats out there now...
spent this year on a total refit of Karizma inside and out...will posit some pix when done.
Newcatcruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 08:23   #24

Hi all hope i am not to late to voice my opinion on the RCC. I bought the very first one long before the new manufacturers took over building them. The hull shape and hull widths appear the same which in my opinion are key to the success of this boat. I can only say that they have improved on the boat layout etc that is extremely profesdional.
Now i am not affiliated with RCC at all I bought the first hull and deck in 1992. I fitted the boat out in Durban South Africa the sailed to Cape Town in May 1993. We had storms all the way around the coast and experienced 27' recorded waves rounding Cape Aguhlas this boat literally fell off the steep backs of the waves and boat was taking a beating. The pounding was so bad that i thought thats it this boat is not going to make it to Miami.
When we reached Cape Town i hauled the boat and not a crack.
We left Cape Town in July and headed for Miami which was definately not trade wind sailing there were timemes that she litteraly surfed fown some of the huge swell running straight as a die doen the swell huge rooster tails.
In my opinion that boat performed like a star. She was pretty fast and and extremely comfortable.
Today RCC has obviously built a much stronger boat more professionaly finished. I am amazed at the design and layout of the new ones.
In conclusion i want to sale the Cape to Rio race and the boat i want to do it in is the 53 have not decided on flybridge or not.
my two cents worth
Megalinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 15:38   #25

Boat: wanting a cat

Anybody else have experience with these cats?

Thanks...

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 17:50   #26

Boat: Royal Cape 53

2 years since last post. Boat in charter now. 4 in the fleet in USVI /grenadines Good way to get feedback from boat. Look up Karizma, Majestic Spirit,Manna, Ultima life on charter sites e.g. iyachtclub.com or charter house yacht club.

2 owner operators .

Hope fully other owners can you give you info. and feedback.

Karizma Kj had done very well as a skippered "family Boat' , this in a very competitive market with new SABA Fps, lagoons,leopards.

This is the strength of the boat...safety, stability space and rough weather ability.

Contact direct if you want specific info.
Newcatcruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 15:57   #27

Boat: Royal Cape Cat, Majestic, 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatservo View Post
Anybody else have experience with these cats?

Thanks...

meatservo
Hi everyone. We have owned our Royal Cape Cat 530 for 4 years now, and having read the comments above... we echo them 100%.

We run her as a charter boat and believe it or not, with 8 guests on board and 2 crew, one would expect that you would be on top of each other on a similar sized boat, but not on this boat. The amount of space is insane and you can literally get lost, even with a full house.

Extremely solid, safe, easy to handle and spacious. In a nutshell, I would sail her anywhere in the world, any time.
RCC Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 12:59   #28

What about the older royal cape 45?
We found one that's 2 owners - never chartered -
Good shape...

Does anyone have any advice or experience on the older models?
jimbarnebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 14:06   #29

Even with that crappy helm position that you could fall down and break yourself on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCC Owner View Post
Hi everyone. We have owned our Royal Cape Cat 530 for 4 years now, and having read the comments above... we echo them 100%.

We run her as a charter boat and believe it or not, with 8 guests on board and 2 crew, one would expect that you would be on top of each other on a similar sized boat, but not on this boat. The amount of space is insane and you can literally get lost, even with a full house.

Extremely solid, safe, easy to handle and spacious. In a nutshell, I would sail her anywhere in the world, any time.
Grimgrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:41   #30

Looking into purchasing “Karizma” , although now she has a new name. We are a family of 5. My wife likes all the interior space , personally I don’t love the look of if aesthetically…mostly due to lack of a fly bridge or bow seating but can’t deny there is seemingly a ton of interior space, compared to other boats we’ve been looking at (lagoon 500,50,52, Bali 4.8, fp Saba 50) Would love to chat with you about the boat if you wouldn’t mind sending a pm my way !
sliceoflife is offline   Reply With Quote