Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2020, 10:46   #1

Boat: Catana, BALI 4.3, 42
Recommendations for best brokerage agency

We are selling our 43 foot catamaran sailboat.
Can anyone recommend from experience a brokerage agency and specific broker specializing in selling a catamaran sailboat.
I am aware of the names of the brokerage companies I am looking for recommendation for those specialized in sailboat and specific good experience.

Thanks!

dvop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 13:32   #2

Boat: Leopard 46 Owners
Re: Recommendations for best brokerage agency

I recently bought a Leopard 46 through Derek Escher with Just Catamarans and had a pleasant experience. We were very close to buying a Catana 471, but the right opportunity did not present itself in our time frame. Derek is very knowledgeable on Catanas and from a buyers perspective his knowledge and forthright assessment of our different options was a greatly appreciated.

I believe that would serve a seller well as well.

Derek is located in Rhode island, but I don't think that should be a major problem.

Here is contact info:

Just Catamarans Inc.
Office: (954) 589-2343
Mobile: (617) 803-8976
Address: 850 NE 3rd St #207
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Web:
Email: www.JustCatamarans.net
Derek@JustCatamarans.net

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Ken

SailSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 13:54   #3

Staley from the Catamaran Company and Phil/Alexis from the Multihull Company, these companies have large client bases and often have buyers sitting in the wings. Might be a challenge selling right now though with no one wanting to shake your hand.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 10:33   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailSB View Post
I recently bought a Leopard 46 through Derek Escher with Just Catamarans and had a pleasant experience. We were very close to buying a Catana 471, but the right opportunity did not present itself in our time frame. Derek is very knowledgeable on Catanas and from a buyers perspective his knowledge and forthright assessment of our different options was a greatly appreciated.

I believe that would serve a seller well as well.

Derek is located in Rhode island, but I don't think that should be a major problem.

Here is contact info:

Just Catamarans Inc.
Office: (954) 589-2343
Mobile: (617) 803-8976
Address: 850 NE 3rd St #207
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Web:
Email: www.JustCatamarans.net
Derek@JustCatamarans.net

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Ken
We worked with Larry from Just Catamarans to buy our boat -- it felt like he would say anything to sell a boat. We got luck with our boat, but he really did not help at all. On top of that, there were a bunch of mixups with paperwork that cost us quite a bit extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
Staley from the Catamaran Company and Phil/Alexis from the Multihull Company, these companies have large client bases and often have buyers sitting in the wings. Might be a challenge selling right now though with no one wanting to shake your hand.
We also had the opportunity to work with Staley -- and have nothing good to say about him. Once we signed the listing agreement, he constantly pressured us into lower the price -- we talked about price in great length before signing the agreement.

Good luck!

Bon Denison has been incredible. Very helpful -- and we're not even buying or selling a boat through Denison. This would be our first stop, Denison that is.
Old 18-04-2020, 13:31   #5

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Try Ted Novakowski of SoundYachts -- yep he is in Ct but I think he also has a Fl office -- a huge Lagoon dealer and really knows boats.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 16:01   #6

What make/model/year/price etc are you selling?
AndrewA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 22:03   #7

Boat: 2005 Lagoon, 440, owners version

I will never willingly do business with the Catamaran Company again. Our buying process was a parade of errors and mismanagement. These errors cost us money, time and days off from work traveling to a boat that wasn’t ready for a survey and sea trial. Evidently making a few phone calls to confirm the standing rigging was completed was too much to ask from our broker. Meanwhile we traveled 1200 miles ...

We sought advice from Just Catamarans during our process and found them to be actually available and forthcoming. They also advised us that walking away from TCC would mean finding a different boat because TCC would and has taken people to court over switching brokers during a purchase. In the end this was the boat for us so we took a more proactive role in every aspect of the buying process.

TCC will never see another dime from me if I have a say in it.
Nahbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2020, 00:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahbrown View Post

We sought advice from Just Catamarans during our process and found them to be actually available and forthcoming. They also advised us that walking away from TCC would mean finding a different boat because TCC would and has taken people to court over switching brokers during a purchase. In the end this was the boat for us so we took a more proactive role in every aspect of the buying process.
Not liking a broker or agent is a fair comment, but I don’t think many brokers are going to let you (or another broker) easily cut them out of a commission in the middle of a purchase that they’ve already been working on.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2020, 17:41   #9

Boat: 2005 Lagoon, 440, owners version

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
Not liking a broker or agent is a fair comment, but I don’t think many brokers are going to let you (or another broker) easily cut them out of a commission in the middle of a purchase that they’ve already been working on.
if our broker had actually been working we would never have wanted to switch. Mistakes I can accept but flat out lazy and dereliction of all duties (save two phone calls ) is inexcusable.

That being said after we found the boat to buy and told our broker about it we did sign an agreement. We honored it.
Nahbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 09:02   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Outremer 51, J80

Pete McGonagle
Swiftsure Yachts
206-388-1110

He is a ways away, but I know he lists and Sells Cats all over the world, and his repeat clientele say a lot about his ethics and hard work. He also is recommended by John and Amanda Neal - Mahina Tiare - frequent contributors to many magazines. He has also done extensive offshore cruising on his own boat with his family - so he can talk the talk.

He is helping us buy our boat - it is a new build Outremer and he has been incredible - flew over to France when we went to visit the Factory and go to Outremer week, super knowledgable, really wants to help you get the right boat for you, not necessarily the one you think you want. He went through several boats, a couple of offers, then with a honest sit down of what we wanted and needed he helped us make what we know now is the right choice.

RELENTLESS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, men, selling broker