Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2016, 22:59   #1
rea

Boat: Mumby 48
Recommendations

I rarely post anything on forums, but I usually read posting and find it very informative. There are a few negative comments on the forum and I thought that I could recommend trades people that were specially good to us and our boat.
We bought a catamaran 6 months ago and had a long list of repairs that I wanted done. In Sydney I was very disappointed with the quality of work and the high prices. Sailing to Queensland I happened to meet an electrician who was experienced, "cluey" and with reasonable rates. His name is Greg in Mooloolaba, ask for his phone number at the marina.
Sailing North, we had shafts and bearings problems. I emailed the next boatyard which was in Gladstone if we could get some help. Martin Williams at Mipec answered straight away and booked us in for the slipway with a free pen for the night. Martin is a very experienced shipwright with a font of knowledge. He looked after us and every problem I mentioned was fixed to my satisfaction and was better than expected. Of course the final invoice was very high as they did a lot of work but it was well done and much cheaper than in Sydney I believe.
Gladstone is suffering from the downturn in the mining industry and Martin at Mipec is trying to attract yachties to bring their boat for anti foul and repairs.
Hope this will help a few cruisers in need of help!
rea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men