Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2011, 02:10   #1

Piver Nimble 30' Trimaran

I have recently purchased a 1964 version of the Nimble that was beautifully built by an Engineer in Glass over Ply and is in fantastic condition throughout. I am looking at sailing it from New Zealand to Tonga and ports beyond following thorough checks of course. Has anyone done any offshore cruising in the same or similar and how did they find its performance please. Speed is not an issue but handling and safety in the rough stuff is of major interest.Cheers
Phillip49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 17:01   #2

Boat: Piver 41AA, Cross 28.
Send a message via Yahoo to Kelldog
Unhappy Re: Piver Nimble 30' Trimaran

Hello Phillip49;
I had a Piver Nimble, it was my first sailboat and my first Trimaran. I have never recoved . I can't give insight into your question since I only sailed coastal and over to Catalina in So-Cal. I was in some rough stuff once and I was quite happy with the way my Nimble handled it. Mine had a Cross keel on the main hull which really helped the boat sail well. If this boat is built right and set up right then from all accounts I have read, it will do the job! I am, of course, biased! My last Trimaran in So-Cal was a Piver 42 AA and it was the cat's pajamas! I have sinced moved to Miami Beach, Fl ands I boatless I am giving myself a year to get it together and of course I will indeed get another Trimaran.

Do you have any pictures?

Best Regard,

Kelly.
Kelldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piver, trimaran