Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 19:16   #1

Pacific Multihulls Co., Seeking Info on . . .

Hello All,

Recently joined the forum. I saw, in another thread a reference to Pacific Multihulls Co. (Australia), a purveyor of precut kits for catamarans. Does anyone have contact with them? I sent several emails to their address approximately ten days ago, but have not received acknowledgement. The messages did not bounce. I expect they are inundated with requests for info as the adverts on their site have much appeal.

Does anyone on the forum have interest in or further info regarding their Pacific 40 kit cat?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Pacific Multihulls - Home
sailrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 22:25   #2

Pacific Multihulls,

Hi,
I sent them an email and received a reply and study plans promptly. (The next day). Maybe try again. Also have a look at the oceanic kit. I have been and had a look over the oceanic a number of times. It is beautiful. And also the whole kit comes moulded (including furniture) unlike the pacific kit. Richard at RMK seems very genuinely friendly and helpful.
I have no association with RMK marine other than a couple of phone conversations and visits to his factory.
Oceanic 373 'Fastbuild Kit'
cheers
Nathan
geekclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 23:10   #3

Boat: Hutton 24
I got the info on rmk as well. It looks really interesting. How far are they with the moulds etc?

Have you compared it with the Spirited 380?

Sailrjim - they may have been at the boat show.
at_my_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 23:13   #4

Oceanic

All moulds are built and production is just starting i think.
The spirited is again not comparable as the oceanic is a FULL MOULDED KIT. ie saloon roof top, deck, hull sides etc.
And the spirited is not much cheaper
Old 11-06-2008, 23:22   #5

Boat: Hutton 24
Oceanic

How long do you think it would take to build?

Did they give you any indication?

It is much cheaper than a Fusion.
at_my_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 23:27   #6

oceanic

Around 2500 hours which i see as realistic (as opposed to some other figures quoted for kit boats...)
Old 12-06-2008, 01:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailrjim View Post
Hello All,

Recently joined the forum. I saw, in another thread a reference to Pacific Multihulls Co. (Australia), a purveyor of precut kits for catamarans. Does anyone have contact with them? I sent several emails to their address approximately ten days ago, but have not received acknowledgement. The messages did not bounce. I expect they are inundated with requests for info as the adverts on their site have much appeal.

Does anyone on the forum have interest in or further info regarding their Pacific 40 kit cat?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Pacific Multihulls - Home
Me too, several emails, no answers, I gave up in the end, also I am not sure that I would want to be the first to try, I would rather see how others get on and how they perform until I took the plunge.
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 16:43   #8

Re: Pacific Multihulls Co, I sent a follow up email this morning. I am on east coast USA, so not expecting reply before later tonight. At 17:00 my time, I received a package from them. It contained samples of panels, and info on polycore, but no study plans or pricing. So, I will be patient.

Thanks to geekclothing for the reference to the Oceanic 373 and to all for your reply.
Old 12-06-2008, 19:04   #9

Boat: Jarcat 5, 5m, Mandy
Don't know what is going on, but I know Mark Stephens who has designed the kits and he knows his stuff on design. I maight drop him a line and find out,
Robert
Robertcateran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 20:06   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Multi in OZ
Hi,

It's Mike from Pacific Multihulls here. I have had a few emails recently that I have replied to that are failing to deliver. Is your name Jim? for I emailed to your requests attempting to send our study plans and Early Bird offer. Again it has failed to deliver. Can you please check with your internet service provider for they maybe blocking our emails to you. Maybe if you could email from another email address it may be a fix.

Kind Regards

Michael van Dijk
Pacific Multihulls
Australia
Multi in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 15:36   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi in OZ View Post
Hi,

It's Mike from Pacific Multihulls here. I have had a few emails recently that I have replied to that are failing to deliver. Is your name Jim? for I emailed to your requests attempting to send our study plans and Early Bird offer. Again it has failed to deliver. Can you please check with your internet service provider for they maybe blocking our emails to you. Maybe if you could email from another email address it may be a fix.

Kind Regards

Michael van Dijk
Pacific Multihulls
Australia

Michael,

Thank you for the efforts and response. I checked my spam dump, trash file, and other files and found no messages from your company. I have no other reports of problems with mail posted to my usual address, but will check with my ISP during business hours tomorrow. Meanwhile, I will contact you via an alternate email address.

Thank you for making the effort to contact me through this forum. I will contact you via an alternate email address.

Robert, thank you for the assist.

Cheers,
Jim Moore
Old 13-06-2008, 16:45   #12

No Problems

Hi Jim,

In general I like to attend to our emails promptly, for like most I hate waiting days or even weeks to get a reply or even no reply for that matter. It can be very frustrating.

I'll wait for your alternate email address. I would prefer to email our PDFs of the Study Plans & our Early Bird offer to save trees if possible. Worst case I'll print them for you and mail them to you if your new email address doesn't work.

Cheers

Mike
Pacific Multihulls
Old 14-06-2008, 02:13   #13

Boat: Jarcat 5, 5m, Mandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailrjim View Post
Michael,

Thank you for the efforts and response. I checked my spam dump, trash file, and other files and found no messages from your company. I have no other reports of problems with mail posted to my usual address, but will check with my ISP during business hours tomorrow. Meanwhile, I will contact you via an alternate email address.

Thank you for making the effort to contact me through this forum. I will contact you via an alternate email address.

Robert, thank you for the assist.

Cheers,
Jim Moore
A pleasure. I feel that the concept makes a lot of sense and appears nicely put together
Robert
Robertcateran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 16:21   #14

No replys!

Hi Ian,

Like Jim, I have received many non delivery notices from your email address. Could you please check with your internet vendor to check if our emails are blocked or please email from another account if possible so that I can respond again to your enquiries. Please note that many ISP are now asking their customers to register their email contacts to reduce spam.

In Late April this year I was in Kiribati visiting our builder of the P46 (where email access is limited, whilst in Kiribati I received a truck load of emails re the P40 kit, but due to slow access and internet outage it took me 5 hours plus to reply to 3 emails... very frustrating I can assure you). I checked with my staff at the office to see if they emailed you to advise you of potential email delays (this was done). Their emails may also not have gotten through.... Sorry about that.

Can you please confirm if you still haven't received my replies to all of your emails for all that I know of that we have received from you have been replied too.

Kind Regards

Michael van Dijk
Pacific Multihulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
Me too, several emails, no answers, I gave up in the end, also I am not sure that I would want to be the first to try, I would rather see how others get on and how they perform until I took the plunge.

Redhead, Australia
Old 19-06-2008, 19:46   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi in OZ View Post
Hi Jim,

In general I like to attend to our emails promptly, for like most I hate waiting days or even weeks to get a reply or even no reply for that matter. It can be very frustrating.

I'll wait for your alternate email address. I would prefer to email our PDFs of the Study Plans & our Early Bird offer to save trees if possible. Worst case I'll print them for you and mail them to you if your new email address doesn't work.

Cheers

Mike
Pacific Multihulls

Mike,

I sent you a PM, but will post here for the public record.

I finally received all ten of your emails (at my alternate address), including the ones forwarded regarding your messages being "timed out". I will contact my ISP with this info. All attachments downloaded without problem.

Thank you for your persistence and tenacity.

Regards,
Jim