Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2015, 15:47   #106

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built
Re: OMG! We're about to build an Isara 45

Well, after living aboard for a few months now I can now give the same advice that I had previously received; "JUST GO!"

I have no regrets about buying the temporary boat and just going. In fact, it's really hit me how it's not about the boat at all. Here we all worry about getting an owners version vs. a charter version and things like that. None of that really matters once you are out here. The view is the same no matter what boat you are on, and holy moly there are some ratty $500 boats out here with people living on them...and they are HAPPY! Plus, so many people have found ways to make a living while living aboard. Forget the healthy savings account number that you've made up in you mind...just go!

I hope some of you have taken the time to read the stories I've written on my blog. www.sailblogs.com/member/sailingeuphoria

Cheers,

Bryan
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 16:17   #107

Boat: too many

Thanks for the update Bryan, I enjoyed reading your blog. Life is good isn't it?
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 19:41   #108
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

This is the strangest boat build thread ever. Did the two 45's that were sold ahead of you ever get built? 19 months after starting this tread and there are no plans? No photos of hull builds? Are they actually building it?

Regardless, I'm glad you did buy the Lavezzi. We chartered one about 8 years ago are really liked it. I've always liked FP's eyebrow look. Hope you two have fun.
Old 31-01-2015, 15:14   #109

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguy67 View Post
Well, after living aboard for a few months now I can now give the same advice that I had previously received; "JUST GO!"

I have no regrets about buying the temporary boat and just going. In fact, it's really hit me how it's not about the boat at all. Here we all worry about getting an owners version vs. a charter version and things like that. None of that really matters once you are out here. The view is the same no matter what boat you are on, and holy moly there are some ratty $500 boats out here with people living on them...and they are HAPPY! Plus, so many people have found ways to make a living while living aboard. Forget the healthy savings account number that you've made up in you mind...just go!

I hope some of you have taken the time to read the stories I've written on my blog. www.sailblogs.com/member/sailingeuphoria

Cheers,

Bryan
I've just read all 8 pages of your story... the Isara looks like a lovely boat.. I was curious as to why you didn't go for the 50 but I'm guessing that's handling. Hope everything works out for you.. jealous as hell as I'm about 2 years behind you guys. best of..
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 06:22   #110

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

Hey Bry!
I'm sorry this isn't going to be a happy post...

I just got an email from Isara, and I can't believe that they still haven't finished Hull 1!!!?!?!??!?! What the heck?!?!? In fact.. the latest news is that it's just rolling out to be fitted. So.. they have the shell done and nothing else!?! And, you are what? Hull 3?! When we first started looking for Cats (oct 2013) we reached out to Isara because we saw the designs and we liked them. We were told that they already had it in build, and unfortunately it wouldn't make it to Miami (2014) but that they should have it done by Annapolis (2014) to show. Well... here we are, over 18 months later, and they still don't have Hull 1 done?!?!? How completely disappointing.

I am so glad that you didn't wait around for those yahoos to get your boat done before you took off for the caribbean. And I understand that this isn't a production cat, but at this rate, they won't have yours done for another couple of years. I mean.. it's been a year since you ordered it, and they haven't even started on it yet! If it were me, I would have said to heck with it, and pulled out.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:04   #111

MBS I nu.

Sent from my XT1080 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Iaangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:30   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
I will be honest. I have just looked at the website. No mention of bridge deck clearance. Big sell on the luxury. The boom looks really high. The aft section looks exposed and lacks privacy.These features that they mentioned could be ordered on any boat. 42' waterline is not that big for this amount of luxury and it seems heavy for good performance. It should at least state in the contract that this vessel will not weigh over it's specification. Keeping that teak flooring looking good will be problematic. You will spend a fortune keeping this type of boat looking its best. This design might make more sense as a power cat. I think it could be scary buying the first boat of a production run by a little known manufacturer. With that kind of money you could buy a bigger, better sailing catamaran. A slightly used boat may be much better equipped and have many of the kinks worked out already.
My vote is that you are crazy for ordering this boat. Go buy a Catana.
Do you not need to change your name to ThumbsDown??
Old 04-03-2015, 06:32   #113

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaangus View Post
MBS I nu.

Sent from my XT1080 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
??
Old 05-03-2015, 19:32   #114

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
Yolo= You only live once.

Telling someone the should have purchased something other than what they have decided on is a bit like telling someone who announces they are pregnant that they should have got a dog instead.

The correct response is congratulations! I hope the build process goes smoothly and the boat serves you well.
I totally agree with Mimsy !!
captlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 08:30   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
Hey Bry!
I'm sorry this isn't going to be a happy post...

I just got an email from Isara, and I can't believe that they still haven't finished Hull 1!!!?!?!??!?! What the heck?!?!? In fact.. the latest news is that it's just rolling out to be fitted. So.. they have the shell done and nothing else!?! And, you are what? Hull 3?! When we first started looking for Cats (oct 2013) we reached out to Isara because we saw the designs and we liked them. We were told that they already had it in build, and unfortunately it wouldn't make it to Miami (2014) but that they should have it done by Annapolis (2014) to show. Well... here we are, over 18 months later, and they still don't have Hull 1 done?!?!? How completely disappointing.

I am so glad that you didn't wait around for those yahoos to get your boat done before you took off for the caribbean. And I understand that this isn't a production cat, but at this rate, they won't have yours done for another couple of years. I mean.. it's been a year since you ordered it, and they haven't even started on it yet! If it were me, I would have said to heck with it, and pulled out.

Do you know if they have built any yet? I just emailed them asking for some more information...

regards
Old 24-12-2015, 08:48   #116

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

has anyone heard any updates from Bryguy on his build? I know he is out there, sailing the world, but I'm curious as to the state of Isara yachts in general. They aren't scheduled to be at Miami. The 45 was supposed to be there LAST year at Miami... so, 2 years behind?

I, personally, would be worried that Isara took the money and ran....

perhaps someone has an update?

We had originally looked at the Isara line because it looked gorgeous on line.. but when we saw it 2 years ago at Miami, we weren't impressed. We hoped that the 45 would look better.. but the 45 has never shown up... so... anyone?
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 07:23   #117

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built

While the attorneys and investigators likely prefer that I continue with my silence, I simply can't stand the thought of not warning others about Isara. What has been uncovered is shocking and criminal charges will be pursued. Please don't ask for details; until it's over I won't go in to detail; just be warned. Meanwhile we have bought another boat and are moving forward with our lives as best we can.
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 07:31   #118
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40

Sorry for the troubles you have experienced with Isara, but glad to hear that you have moved on and are otherwise enjoying your new lives afloat!

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 19:49   #119

Boat: St Francis 50

Thanks for sharing Bryguy.
Hopefully you will prevail and we can all learn from your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Catalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 22:40   #120

Boat: Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalysis View Post
Thanks for sharing Bryguy.
Hopefully you will prevail and we can all learn from your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hopefully Bryan you can get your money back , sadly the yacht industry is littered with stories like these of new start Builders that fail to deliver however this issue keeps repeating,

even GB has boats now tied up in litigation and I am sure the owners of these part built cats are well backed financially,
Andrew Grace is offline   Reply With Quote