Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2010, 03:56   #16

Office, why not just a fp orana or salina maestro. Whit one private hull, office big enough for 2 laptops and paper. And also in the middle of the hull not the front. And one thing for a liveaboard cat, like the lagoon 440/450 is do you need 3 toiletts???
Everything is depends on what you work with. I know gludy, from (multihulls4us) he have one "corner" for just video and film things. In a ST Francis 50.
But for me i just need a place for my laptop and a good connection. Outremer 49 should fit me perfect for a liveaboard but i need to move to a warmer climat for wintertimes
Old 14-08-2010, 10:03   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetime View Post
And one thing for a liveaboard cat, like the lagoon 440/450 is do you need 3 toiletts???
See, I'm thinking about resale value. If I order a new 450, and have them leave out the port forward beds and head, how will this impact the resale? I would plan on selling it probably 6-7 years after I take delivery. Does anyone have any insights into this?
WhataWorld! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 10:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquatiCat View Post
I agree that three heads would probably be superfluous for what he intends, but one far from the master cabin might promote relationship peace when doing those 3 A.M. trades :-)
I would concentrate my trading on things that can be traded on different exchanges, like New York, Tokyo, and London. Also, the currency market is open 24 hours a day, 5.5 days a week

Also, I am young and unmarried, so no wife to disturb
Old 14-08-2010, 11:33   #19

Boat: Atlantic 42 Catamaran
Back to the program, looking at the sketch I'm wondering about access to the rest of the forepeak. Would it work better to rotate things 90 degrees? Or put the monitors on arms at least so they can swing out of the way.

Tom
tsmwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 11:45   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataWorld! View Post
See, I'm thinking about resale value. If I order a new 450, and have them leave out the port forward beds and head, how will this impact the resale? I would plan on selling it probably 6-7 years after I take delivery. Does anyone have any insights into this?
While I do see a few big families out there most cruisers are couples with occasional guests. Based on the idea that those folks don't need more berths than they can sleep on I'll speculate that the office might add to the resale value in the non-charter markets.

Tom
Old 14-08-2010, 12:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmwebb View Post
While I do see a few big families out there most cruisers are couples with occasional guests. Based on the idea that those folks don't need more berths than they can sleep on I'll speculate that the office might add to the resale value in the non-charter markets.

Tom
That would be great!

tsmwebb: you're right. If possible, I would probably rotate the setup by 90 degrees, but I don't know if that will be possible with the floor layout/arrangement when I remove the berths. Also, the monitors will be on mounting brackets, which I can have a arm made so they swing out of the way. Ideas?
Old 14-08-2010, 12:47   #22

Quote:
That would be great!

tsmwebb: you're right. If possible, I would probably rotate the setup by 90 degrees, but I don't know if that will be possible with the floor layout/arrangement when I remove the berths. Also, the monitors will be on mounting brackets, which I can have a arm made so they swing out of the way. Ideas?
I think there may be more room there than you expect. If not, one possibility might be to put the chair on a shelf or arm on the side of the boat opposite the desk which would give you a bit more beam to work with -- might be able to move the whole thing forward too... That would mean taking the base off the chair (which I've already poo-pooed but I never claimed to be consistent).

Tom
Old 14-08-2010, 13:22   #23

Tsmwebb: I sent you a message
Old 14-08-2010, 13:43   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
how will this impact the resale?
Resale is all about being wrong. For resale you want a land based office and never go any place. Resale is about a market in the future. Nobody is that good. Just what is wrong with being the person that buys your boat later? Time is the difference. Now isn't as bad as it may seem.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 14:01   #25

Quote:
Tsmwebb: I sent you a message
Thanks, got it. Sent you a reply by PM.

Tom