Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2019, 13:09   #1

Newport Boat Show

Went to the Newport Boat show this week and walked on some fairly interesting Cats (getting different ideas for our refit and just comparing boats). A couple that truly impressed me.

Gun Boat...friend of ours just did a transport on one and said it was amazing boat and really fun, sailed great. The one we walked was actually very nice, especially the interior helm station).. Of course HUGE money.

Bali 38- surprisingly nice overall, although didn't like the front deck area.

Razor...still in design/production starting but really nice design.

On the other hand:

Lagoon 40 - as many of these as I've seen in charter, etc. I have to admit I really wasn't thrilled with it. Our old 1988 boat appears much more of a comfortable cruising live aboard to me.

Aside from that, have always loved the old Choey Lee's, know that they're more known for luxury motor yachts. Well, finally had a chance to walk on a 72' yacht of theirs and have to admit I was blown away for the price point compared to others I've seen! Almost brought me to tears when I saw that amazing engine room with everything totally accessible and even down to a wash sink and crew quarters right off. Even the ladder up for the crew was like a sculpture!

Also saw a TF10 trimaran racing boat for us "regular" folk, if you can afford a huge amount of money. Foiling, etc.

Our favorite, a reefing wing sail cat just because my partner has been working on a very similar design for a number of years. Does 28 knots. Had to laugh when the girl helping to show the boat said she'd learned to sail on it! Told her oh dear, you've been spoiled now for regular sailing which is a lot more work!
snoozy814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, boat show, newport