Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 13:49   #1

Boat: newport30, Blues Traveler
Need some plans or drawings for rudders and daggerboards.

I bought a gbe that was damaged in thge storms here a couple of months ago and need to build new rudders and daggerboards. it has one existing dagger board i can use as a template but the rudders are gone. it had the sliding style ones that just slide down ito brackets mounted on the transoms now i would be happy to redo that style or to build kick up rudders into the transoms. I did try to contact someone from the old gbe but got no answer as i guess since it burnt down last year. I also sent emails to the malcom tennent design section but got know answer.
ANY HELP would be great.
Thanks Andy
viking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:27   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking69 View Post
I bought a gbe that was damaged in thge storms here a couple of months ago and need to build new rudders and daggerboards. it has one existing dagger board i can use as a template but the rudders are gone. it had the sliding style ones that just slide down ito brackets mounted on the transoms now i would be happy to redo that style or to build kick up rudders into the transoms. I did try to contact someone from the old gbe but got no answer as i guess since it burnt down last year. I also sent emails to the malcom tennent design section but got know answer.
ANY HELP would be great.
Thanks Andy
G'day,
Try Malcolm direct, or crew.org.nz or NZ Multihull yacht club. Could also try Richard Pilkington who built them and who may have some spares or moulds. Addresses should all come up with google, or ask any of the above about anyof the others.

regads,
rob
rob denney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:16   #3

Hi thanks for that have found addresses for those you listed and have sent emails.
Old 11-04-2008, 20:03   #4

ok I am waiting patiently to hear back from those guys
If anyone else has any drawings/plans etc or know where i can buy some I would be very interested.
Cheers
Andy
Old 12-04-2008, 06:52   #5

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Not sure how many GBE's are closeish by but................

How hard would it be to find someone else with one and take a few measurments of the boards length width etc and then make a template of the inside of your case and make the board a few MM smaller?

If the case is square, take a foil pattern from the other boat's board

Rudders? what did they have , transom hung kickups?

Again, measurents and templates from another boat and would the foil be the same as the board?

Just a suggestion

Dave
Old 12-04-2008, 13:03   #6
cruiser

And if those ideas don't work out, e-mail me and I'll send you a high resolution drawing of suitable foil sections. My e-mail address is on my website, as are some low res drawings of foils. Unless your daggerboard trunks are shaped like your daggerboards, there is no particular reason why your daggerboard and rudders have to match the originals.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote