Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2014, 05:01   #106
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Miami Boat Show ...

I can still feel mt\y feet....so I know its still early in the show.
I have drum stick ice cream and beer in the "show display" freezer/refrigerator...now if that's not an incentive to stop by and say hi....I don't know what is
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 15:17   #107

Boat: Leopard 40

Impressed with the Antares 44 and also surprised by the Gemini 35. Nice show but today went fast!
ShaktiGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 15:32   #108

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaktiGurl View Post
Impressed with the Antares 44 and also surprised by the Gemini 35. Nice show but today went fast!
Antares is a nice boat, but so is the price.

A friend went for a test sail on one, was amazed how loud the engine/drivetrain is. Also, bottom stern steps underwater when motorsailing.
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 15:42   #109

Miami Boat Show ...

Ah interesting and yes, it is pricey. We spent a lot of time on it because it is the currently preferred boat of our guests. I will pass on the info.

Third Day, are you at Strictly Sail or the convention center? We may stop by tomorrow as we own one of your watermakers
Old 14-02-2014, 16:21   #110

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Ah interesting and yes, it is pricey. We spent a lot of time on it because it is the currently preferred boat of our guests. I will pass on the info.
If I were choosing from what's there, the FP Helia would probably be my first choice, then Leopard 2nd. But, I like my boat best, it's paid for!
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 16:53   #111

Miami Boat Show ...

The Salina 48 would be a great diving platform but what is up with the forward port door to the berth? I am fairly petite and I had to walk through sideways. Disappointed in the Maverick. I think I liked the 40 better from last year. I always wanted to see the Lipari 41 and it was nice but felt unfinished or something. Always like Leopards ( which is why we have one) but not digging the front porches. I liked the Leopard 46 better. Kind of interested in the Seaward 46 in the monos but don't really know much about them other than they can get shallow which I like and the layout was kind of cool. We aren't in the market, just enjoy looking with our guests who are.
Old 14-02-2014, 17:02   #112

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

and I thought the Maverick was great.
Old 14-02-2014, 17:06   #113

Don't get me wrong, they are all nice and I realized I was sounding more critical than warranted. I really liked the maverick 40 from last year. Maybe I am fickle

Anyway, relaxing in the mooring field sipping some whisky and relaxing my feet for tomorrow. Today was a good day.
Old 15-02-2014, 05:51   #114

Boat: 28' Bennington

Does anyone know much about Isara catamarans? Quality, handling, maintenance, etc? There's one at the Miami boat show.
Lespilot57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 15:08   #115

Is anyone checking outboard prices down there? Unfortunately I am stuck in MD but am in the market for a outboard 15 hp 2 stroke yamaha would be the best, but they don't sell the, in the states. Is Miami really in the states? Just kidding....

Second choice would be a Honda and third a Suzuki. Happen to have a boat at the show that will be heading up here immediately after the show so easy transport.

Any leads are appreciated. I found a great online place for Suzuki via the dinghy less than 3000 thread. Just doing a last check before I pull the trigger

Thanks
Sailing fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 15:10   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
and I thought the Maverick was great.
Was that a new maverick from the one that was at the Annapolis boat show 2 years ago? That one seemed to have some sloppy glass work. I remember the kitchen/ laundry had some rough edges around the fridge/floor region.

Looked the concept, but at the time I thought a second generation could fix some of the oddities.
Sailing fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 15:31   #117

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Check out the FF46 designed by one of the original Lightwave catamaran builders. virtually everything Antares has, larger, more room and designed as a long term liveaboard.

Designs - FreeFlow 46

http://www.cata-ballotta.com/Price/FREEFLOW46.pdf

Sailing Catamarans by Lightwave Yachts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3947.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	76310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5609.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	76311  

downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 19:34   #118

Boat: Privilege P43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing fast View Post
Is anyone checking outboard prices down there? Unfortunately I am stuck in MD but am in the market for a outboard 15 hp 2 stroke yamaha would be the best, but they don't sell the, in the states. Is Miami really in the states? Just kidding....

Second choice would be a Honda and third a Suzuki. Happen to have a boat at the show that will be heading up here immediately after the show so easy transport.

Any leads are appreciated. I found a great online place for Suzuki via the dinghy less than 3000 thread. Just doing a last check before I pull the trigger

Thanks
Contact Lifeline Inflatables, Miami. I got a great deal on a new 20hp 4stroke Tohatsu from them a couple months ago and they are very easy to work with.
emcmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 20:38   #119

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28

Sailing Fast, I could give you a great price on a Lehr 15 Propane Outboard but I can't get one until next month. I've been looking at the prototype at the show and it really looks nice. It's very easy to hand start because it's equipped with a compression release. I'm going to buy one for my own use. The only draw back I see is that it will want to be fed liquid propane at high speed. I plan to use a forklift tank on my boat as they will supply liquid propane and can be put on their side.
Old 17-02-2014, 03:47   #120

Boat: 1963 Pearson Electra 22

Therapy, I agree with you about the Maverick. Very well thought out boat, IMHO. Very practical & not over the top. Plus, the South African rep, in my experience, were the nicest & most engaging. Never seemed to have their noses in the air like some of the Lagoon reps I spoke with. All in all, my family & I enjoyed the show. I'm 38 now & have been going to that show since I was 15. Only missed 2! It's a nice annual tradition that I'm now able to share with my 2 daughters, 8 & 2.

Tags
boat show, miami, miami boat show