Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 05:50   #1

Maldives 32 cost

Hello
I am trying to establish the matket value of Fountaine Pajot Maldives 32 cat. In the US. They dont seem to exist here. I can get one in UK or France for about $60-70k but shipping cost are significant around 25%. Is anyone familiar with this old cat?
Thanks
gdavidovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 22:58   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II
Re: Maldives 32 cost

The Maldives is a very sought after boat despite being nearly 30 years old now. There is not a lot of competition for a boat with that combination of performance, space and comfort in the market. We had one for 10 years which we sold for nearly double what we paid, so they do hold their price albeit they need to be in good condition and upgraded to fetch an asking price of around 50,000 €. In particular, the factory headlining and sidelining were prone to glue bleed through and glue embrittlment and renewing that for 4 cabins and saloon is a big and expensive job. As standard they had a gas hob and ice box and we added an oven, fridge, solar and davits.
At least 2 of the boats currently on the market appear to have the original carpet type headlining and few upgrades which makes them overpriced.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 23:15   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

The Maldives is a dream of a boat to sail and live on. We cruised ours with a family of 5 across the English Channel and down to South Brittany. It's fast and very seaworthy, will sail well on all points of sail and in very light wind. Unless there is no wind, it sails faster than you can motor. The Yamaha 9.9 high thrust outboard is a perfect match to the boat. It will out sail pretty well everything up to 10 feet longer. Being light with a big rig, you do need to exert some seamanship to manage the rig in a blow, batten rollercars are essential.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:35   #4

Rapanui
Great comments, thank you!
gdavidovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:26   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Maldives

I got my Maldives a few months ago after looking around for very long. It's really a great boat and I already sailed her a lot in all conditions including very big sea and high winds and the boat performed very good. Already reached 16kn and easily get 6/7 with light winds. My only concern was headroom in main salon (i am 1,85) but it's not a problem because i pop up the roof most of the time.
Price wise, as usual, you get what you pay for but expect around 60k € for a good one. I noticed that it's the kind of boat that slightly increased it's value due to performance and lack of options in that size.
If you find one that it's not 100% don't worry too much given that there are no issues with hulls/structure: outboard engine and simple electrics and plumbing doesen't make eventual fixes a big hit in the pocket.
riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:02   #6

Boat: Mahe 36

Got to agree with the above comments, had one for 5 years and only moved up in size as we live aboard now.
Dont make em' like they used to!!!
cuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 07:58   #7

Boat: FP MALDIVES 32

Hi,

I bought one in december... but the raison everybody knows.... I haven´t sailed it yet....
So I don´t know how it is ......
I´m looking forward sailing the mediterranean.....
My Maldives 32 lies in Aegina in Greece.....
I´m an absolute beginner in sailing but I heared that with the Maldives there are no problems......
I´m waiting......like probably most of you to sail (again)
Kitecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:54   #8

Boat: Fontain Pajot maldives 32

Hello everyone:
I have owned a maldives 32 since January 2018, I have made several trips from Spain to the Canary Islands and back through Madeira to Spain again.
During December 2019 and March 2020 I traveled from Gibraltar to Guadalupe (French Caribbean) with him alone. the experience is fantastic. I had to leave it in the Caribbean and return to Spain due to the corona virus.
If you need any information about the catamaran I will help you as much as I can.
Sailer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 15:47   #9

I know of one in The Philippines you might be able to get for $30k. Its been on the market for two years. Not a lot of buyers here. I was thinking of buying it and talked to the person representing it (not a broker I don't think). They were not opposed to my $35k offer about 6 months ago. I backed out as I want a bigger boat.

+63 918 939-0615

That is the contact number
ewishki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 22:45   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewishki View Post
I know of one in The Philippines you might be able to get for $30k. Its been on the market for two years. Not a lot of buyers here. I was thinking of buying it and talked to the person representing it (not a broker I don't think). They were not opposed to my $35k offer about 6 months ago. I backed out as I want a bigger boat.

+63 918 939-0615

That is the contact number
If it is/was on the market, there should be a listing?
andreas.mehlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 22:57   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas.mehlin View Post
Why would you say that? There might be, but I am not sure. I got the info from cruising around here and that was the contact info they gave me. They gave me an email also and sent me a PDF on the boat but I wasn't going to give that out. Contact them yourself if wish to pursue it, like I said I decided I wanted a bigger boat.

GL
Old 07-06-2020, 23:03   #12
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas.mehlin View Post
https://www.pgyc.org/sail-boats-for-sale.php

52k. But unfortunatelly seems the previous owner damaged the vessel with 2 inboards....
Old 07-06-2020, 23:10   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by riki View Post
https://www.pgyc.org/sail-boats-for-sale.php

52k. But unfortunatelly seems the previous owner damaged the vessel with 2 inboards....
These boats originally outboards?
Old 07-06-2020, 23:15   #14
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewishki View Post
These boats originally outboards?
No. Originally, and imho the best and smartest choice by builder for this light cat, it's one outboard engine. The 2 inboard not only are needless, but also add weight in the wrong position.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:43   #15

Boat: Fontain Pajot maldives 32

The price in Europe of the Maldives 32 is around € 60,000-80,000 depending on the equipment and the state of the boat.
Alicia mi catamaran is prepared for ocean crossings and has many extras:
250w solar panels
Aero generator: 500w
2 autopilots, one hydraulic and the other electric
hot air heating
thermos for hot water
water tanks with 200 lt
gas cooker 3 burners
fridge 80 lt
Bank of 4 batteries of 100amp each.
electric anchor windlass
hydraulic helm wheel
outboard motor honda 20 hp with electric lift.
4-stroke inverter gasoline generator.
and I'm thinking of adding a drag hydrogenerator
for when you try to cross the pacific.
Obviously, it shows that I am in love with him ... and to travel alone or as a couple it is more than enough space. So much for food and various toys.
At the crossing of the Atlantic, which I carried out in 18 days (Cape Verde-Guadalupe), I also carried:
Windsurf board with 3 sails, mast and botabaras.
kite surf board with a backpack and kite.
and I would have room for a bicycle, I will include it on the next trip .
Sailer15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Maldives