Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2022, 13:19   #1

Thumbs up Looking for Owner's Time or Trade BVI Dec. 3 to 10

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the proper place to post, but I am looking for owner's time on a bareboat BVI Cat Dec. 3 to 10, 2022, 40 to 50 ft, with AC. Also open to barter if you have camp-aged kids, as I own the highest rated sleepaway summer camp in Maine. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Gregg
Camp Director G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:04   #2

Re: Looking for Owner's Time or Trade BVI Dec. 3 to 10

Most of the charter management contracts I've read require the owner to be present to use to use owner's time. Reselling owner's time is just cutting out the charter management company from their portion of the boat's revenue. I think you'd have more luck getting a deal by Bartering with the owner's of a Charter management company.
finnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:04   #3

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Re: Looking for Owner's Time or Trade BVI Dec. 3 to 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegan View Post
Most of the charter management contracts I've read require the owner to be present to use to use owner's time. Reselling owner's time is just cutting out the charter management company from their portion of the boat's revenue. I think you'd have more luck getting a deal by Bartering with the owner's of a Charter management company.
Most of the smaller companies in the BVI, are ok with owners selling weeks on their own boats, at least during the low season. Usual rule is that owner is responsible for all paperwork and other contact with the charterer. December 3-10 is definitely low season.

Try asking on traveltalkonline in the BVI forum. There are several owners with boats at TMM on there.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BVI, trade