Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2020, 13:25   #31

Boat: Leopard 40
Re: Leopard 39 vs. Seawind 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
So I wonder what length the 42 will actually be?

41’7”. Say no more!

Having said that. As a big Leopard fan and on our second Leopard, I really hate the upper-lounge area!!!
aqfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 13:29   #32
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqfishing View Post
41’7”. Say no more!

Having said that. As a big Leopard fan and on our second Leopard, I really hate the upper-lounge area!!!

Damn close to 42’, especially for Leopard!
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 13:38   #33

Boat: Leopard 40

Quote:
Damn close to 42’, especially for Leopard!
As the past owner of a 42’7” 44’ boat I could not agree more!!
aqfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 13:43   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqfishing View Post
41’7”. Say no more!

Also eats up valuable solar panel space. Likewise, the boats with the upper cockpit-style lounge, or “flying bridge” models raise the boom a ridiculous height above the coach roof. Caribbean charter boats.
Phyrcooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 13:55   #35

Boat: 44 FP Cat & 45 Sea Ray motor yacht

Quote:
The Leopard 39 is actually 37.5’. Is this because the South Africans can’t read a tape measure or is the advertising that deceptive?
I can honestly see rounding it up and calling it a 38’er, but a 39?
Apparently the South Africans who actually works in decimals, are not as backwards as Americans, as my Sea Ray 450 American built boat is actually only 43' long.

Rather keep your snotty, unsolicited remarks off the point to yourself or have a better perspective on what is going on around your own backyard.
Gerrit Coetzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 14:05   #36

Quote:
Damn it....I sold you a 33’ Seawind 1000 with a 3’ stern extension and advertised it as 36’ long. Pretty sure the bowsprit is 5’ so I should have advertised it as a Seawind 41’? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Can see how you got to 5000+ posts. It is by writing crap about other and getting into their character.
Old 04-10-2020, 15:19   #37

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Lighten up Gerritt. SMJ is a long time member who frequently posts relevant stuff and sometimes funny s^*t like those last 2 were. Are you from ZA by chance?
Btw the Lagoon 40 is 38’6” so the Frenchies can’t read a tape either. That’s funny and I was born there.
Old 04-10-2020, 15:23   #38
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit Coetzee View Post
Apparently the South Africans who actually works in decimals, are not as backwards as Americans, as my Sea Ray 450 American built boat is actually only 43' long.

Rather keep your snotty, unsolicited remarks off the point to yourself or have a better perspective on what is going on around your own backyard.

Obviously my reading a tape measure quote was made in humor, so yes, deceptive advertising.
Sorry that I hurt your feelings
Old 04-10-2020, 15:26   #39
smj

Quote:
Can see how you got to 5000+ posts. It is by writing crap about other and getting into their character.

I sold a boat to Tomfl and have known him many years. See the smiley faces after the post? That means laughter......humor
Old 04-10-2020, 16:15   #40
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Lighten up Gerritt. SMJ is a long time member who frequently posts relevant stuff and sometimes funny s^*t like those last 2 were. Are you from ZA by chance?
Btw the Lagoon 40 is 38’6” so the Frenchies can’t read a tape either. That’s funny and I was born there.

Thanks, I guess some people don’t get my humor
Old 04-10-2020, 18:28   #41

Quote:
Obviously my reading a tape measure quote was made in humor, so yes, deceptive advertising.
Sorry that I hurt your feelings
So then you move from telling others that they cannot handle a tape measurer still of feet and inches, (whilst the rest of the world evolved to the metric system), to telling them of deceptive advertising!!! Then you try to justify your continued insults with "I am sorry" before leaping off to further insults of deception.

No boat manufacturer says their 40 model boat, or 450 model boat is 40' or 45' long. It is mere model numbers, as much as my S600 has a 5,7L engine and not a 6L engine.

Lest me not forget your "freedom of speech" - on own soil that used to end in a dual, with one ending up dead.

I have much respect for Americans, but you sometimes don't know when you cross boundaries.

Proverbs 18:21*tells us that “the tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”*James 3:3-12*compares the tongue to a bit in a horse’s mouth, a ship’s rudder, and a fire. The tongue is a powerful thing, and words can either bring great life or great hurt. There are ways to joke that edify. “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones” (Proverbs 17:22). The Psalms are full of references to laughter, which is what good joking produces. But there is also a way to joke that is demeaning and harmful, and we are called to “not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).

I apologize if I responded rudely, but your comments did not struck me funny, and assuredly did not benefit me.

I expected more coming from a "senior poster".
Old 04-10-2020, 18:44   #42

Quote:
I sold a boat to Tomfl and have known him many years. See the smiley faces after the post? That means laughter......humor
SMJ - One could say much behind the shield of a pseudonym I guess.

Great to learn that you know TOMFL. Then why not pm and keep insults at bay? Why bring nations and insults to a public domain?

I am told to lighten up because there is an emoji - well there is an emoji also in my message's heading - somehow emojis doesn't alway make the cut though.

Let's agree to disagree on the joke side of the message.

See, here is my emoji It is all just a joke.
Old 04-10-2020, 18:53   #43
smj

Quote:
SMJ - One could say much behind the shield of a pseudonym I guess.

Great to learn that you know TOMFL. Then why not pm and keep insults at bay? Why bring nations and insults to a public domain?

I am told to lighten up because there is an emoji - well there is an emoji also in my message's heading - somehow emojis doesn't alway make the cut though.

Let's agree to disagree on the joke side of the message.

See, here is my emoji It is all just a joke.

From reading these posts maybe English is your 2nd language?
Old 04-10-2020, 19:02   #44
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono

Quote:
So then you move from telling others that they cannot handle a tape measurer still of feet and inches, (whilst the rest of the world evolved to the metric system), to telling them of deceptive advertising!!! Then you try to justify your continued insults with "I am sorry" before leaping off to further insults of deception.

No boat manufacturer says their 40 model boat, or 450 model boat is 40' or 45' long. It is mere model numbers, as much as my S600 has a 5,7L engine and not a 6L engine.

Lest me not forget your "freedom of speech" - on own soil that used to end in a dual, with one ending up dead

I have much respect for Americans, but you sometimes don't know when you cross boundaries.

Proverbs 18:21*tells us that “the tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”*James 3:3-12*compares the tongue to a bit in a horse’s mouth, a ship’s rudder, and a fire. The tongue is a powerful thing, and words can either bring great life or great hurt. There are ways to joke that edify. “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones” (Proverbs 17:22). The Psalms are full of references to laughter, which is what good joking produces. But there is also a way to joke that is demeaning and harmful, and we are called to “not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).

I apologize if I responded rudely, but your comments did not struck me funny, and assuredly did not benefit me.

I expected more coming from a "senior poster".

It may be appropriate to point out that it is impossible to offend someone, unless they choose to take offense. And, there are scriptural references to this, as well.
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 19:23   #45

Bad jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Allow me to say this, by way of edification, as i do get what you wish to portray:
I am from South Africa yes. We have some 50 murders a day. Black on black and black on white murders. Gruesome killings and torture rituals unspeakable. I bought boats to escape this gruesome reality inflicted by some.
Let the numbers not fly you by. Since democracy was forced onto South Africans by the rest of the world, we have witnessed the bloodshed of ½million people. That is more people murdered under democracy and 'peace' in South Africa than the twenty year full blown war in Vietnam. Yet the world is silent on the crisis they forced South Africans in, and turn their faces away from their reflection in human blood here. Human tears. Human suffering.
When we fight for survival and try to live another day, or try to escape the massacres and join the three million whites who fled the country thus far, then enduring an insult of deception , just don't go down all that well, even when offered with a koolaid emoji.

Add to that the rampant state proliferation of state coffers, then a comment of deception does not seat well.

All whilst facing a communist takeover on the table. During covid-19 the community was paid the equivalent of $25 PER MONTH!! Whilst the average breadline income is $365pm. In other countries people received a respectable $4000 pm.
$25 in South Africa is the equivalent of 2-days car parking fee, or a small bag of dismal groceries for 4 days.

In all of this, a joke of deception does not go down well.

Tags
leopard, Seawind, Seawind 1160, wind