Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2020, 19:29   #46

Boat: 44 FP Cat & 45 Sea Ray motor yacht
Re: Leopard 39 vs. Seawind 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
From reading these posts maybe English is your 2nd language?

I miss the relevance, but no, English is not my 2nd language, it is my 3rd language.
Gerrit Coetzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 19:33   #47

Geez....I sure learned A LOT about the titled thread in the last ELEVEN posts.
Old 04-10-2020, 19:36   #48
smj

Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Leopard 39 vs. Seawind 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit Coetzee View Post
Allow me to say this, by way of edification, as i do get what you wish to portray:

I am from South Africa yes. We have some 50 murders a day. Black on black and black on white murders. Gruesome killings and torture rituals unspeakable. I bought boats to escape this gruesome reality inflicted by some.

Let the numbers not fly you by. Since democracy was forced onto South Africans by the rest of the world, we have witnessed the bloodshed of Ĺmillion people. That is more people murdered under democracy and 'peace' in South Africa than the twenty year full blown war in Vietnam. Yet the world is silent on the crisis they forced South Africans in, and turn their faces away from their reflection in human blood here. Human tears. Human suffering.

When we fight for survival and try to live another day, or try to escape the massacres and join the three million whites who fled the country thus far, then enduring an insult of deception , just don't go down all that well, even when offered with a koolaid emoji.

Add to that the rampant state proliferation of state coffers, then a comment of deception does not seat well.

All whilst facing a communist takeover on the table. During covid-19 the community was paid the equivalent of $25 PER MONTH!! Whilst the average breadline income is $365pm. In other countries people received a respectable $4000 pm.

$25 in South Africa is the equivalent of 2-days car parking fee, or a small bag of dismal groceries for 4 days.

In all of this, a joke of deception does not go down well.

The joke was not about deception, the joke was about the boys at Leopard unable to read a tape measure.
This thread is comparing the Leopard 39 to the Seawind 1160. Though you may not agree, the numbers after the manufacturers name refer to the size boat. The Seawind is very close in their stated numbers where the Leopard is significantly of. No doubt there are many manufacturers that fudge the numbers to make their boats more desirable, but to me this is deceptive advertising, whether it be Leopard, Lagoon, Sea Ray or whoever.
Iím sorry you canít understand my posts or even my humor. If this is a problem for you then please put me on your ignore list. I personally have never put anyone on ignore as even though I disagree with some, I still learn from them.
Also, please donít try to push your religious views on me. This is a boating forum and has absolutely nothing to do with anyoneís religious preferences.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 19:39   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrail View Post
It may be appropriate to point out that it is impossible to offend someone, unless they choose to take offense. And, there are scriptural references to this, as well.
Thank you, I take note.
I understand that English is my 3rd language, but I thought my write up indicates that I did take offense.
My apologies.

Just another emoji. To show humor. Apparently that is required.
Old 04-10-2020, 19:43   #50

Quote:
The joke was not about deception, the joke was about the boys at Leopard unable to read a tape measure.
This thread is comparing the Leopard 39 to the Seawind 1160. Though you may not agree, the numbers after the manufacturers name refer to the size boat. The Seawind is very close in their stated numbers where the Leopard is significantly of. No doubt there are many manufacturers that fudge the numbers to make their boats more desirable, but to me this is deceptive advertising, whether it be Leopard, Lagoon, Sea Ray or whoever.
Iím sorry you canít understand my posts or even my humor. If this is a problem for you then please put me on your ignore list. I personally have never put anyone on ignore as even though I disagree with some, I still learn from them.
Also, please donít try to push your religious views on me. This is a boating forum and has absolutely nothing to do with anyoneís religious preferences.

A religious forum it is not indeed. Apparently it is a boating forum and an insult forum.

The blissful ignorance is noted.
Old 04-10-2020, 19:46   #51
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit Coetzee View Post
A religious forum it is not indeed. Apparently it is a boating forum and an insult forum.

The blissful ignorance is noted.

Yes, and please re read your first post to me, highly insulting. Once again, sorry if you canít understand my humor.
Old 04-10-2020, 20:23   #52

Dear SMJ,

Apology accepted and I recede as well.

I apologize for my defensiveness too.

Thank you for kind consideration.
Old 04-10-2020, 22:28   #53

Boat: 262 Skipjack

206 days of CoVid isolation have created..........The Twilight Zone is a place where weird, shocking things happen, a place created by minds that walk the line between genius and insanity, a place not unlike Kanye West's brain.
Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:07   #54

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqfishing View Post
New lagoon 40 is 38í6Ē ..... Just saying....

Our Outremer 55L is actually 53 feet 9 inches. Seems to infect many boat builders.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:08   #55

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Neither.
Can get a great foam kevlar epoxy crowther windspeed that has actual performance for probably half the coin.

https://catamarancompany.com.au/cata...amaran/230147/
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 07:39   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Geez....I sure learned A LOT about the titled thread in the last ELEVEN posts.
Haha ��
Rjstutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 12:13   #57

Boat: Leopard 40

Quote:
The Leopard 39 is actually 37.5í. Is this because the South Africans canít read a tape measure or is the advertising that deceptive?
I can honestly see rounding it up and calling it a 38íer, but a 39?
Hi SMJ, your comment is just flat out insulting to South Africans, especially when many other builders from many other countries do the same thing.
There was no smiley to indicate a joke, so trying to make light of it been said in jest or with humour is rather lame.

It was in poor taste.
aqfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 12:15   #58
smj

Leopard 39 vs. Seawind 1160

Quote:
Hi SMJ, your comment is just flat out insulting to South Africans, especially when many other builders from many other countries do the same thing.

There was no smiley to indicate a joke, so trying to make light of it been said in jest or with humour is rather lame.

It was in poor taste.

Cool, Iím insulting and lame...... get over it.
Old 25-10-2020, 13:16   #59

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:

It was in poor taste.
Did you read this thread? I made the same joke about French boats. Iím personally insulted that you think you were insulted.
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 13:30   #60
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Did you read this thread? I made the same joke about French boats. Iím personally insulted that you think you were insulted.

And I feel personally insulted because you feel insulted because he feels insulted by my poor choice of insulting humor.
please note the smiley faces.

Tags
leopard, Seawind, Seawind 1160, wind