Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2021, 17:00   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Re: Larger "seasoned" lagoon cats on discount

It isn't rocket science, if you look at bulkheads and they are tabbed in , in a few locations round the permitter of the bulkhead and not fulled coved in*, they won't last, if they use polyester resin in the build, same same, if furniture is attached rather than part of the monocoque - same same.

* - for definitional purposes, in my part of the plant tabbing means the occasional affixing of a bulkhead to a structure some times by glass often by just some sealant, coving means a complete full perimeter connection between the bulkhead and the structure.
Old 27-08-2021, 18:08   #17

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
You already started an identical thread to this here on 7/11 entitled "Lagoon cats now on discount.." (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...nt-253214.html in case you've forgotten).

It's not clear what you're trying to accomplish, but everyone has said their piece, now let it go! If you really want to bring it back up again, go back to the previous thread you started. Talk about kicking a dead horse.
What he said…
Old 28-08-2021, 00:21   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeV View Post
What he said…
Why would I attempt to drive down the price of a catamaran that will no longer be considered?

Every time there is further evidence revealed, I will post with similar wording so that others may be warned off these boats.
Old 28-08-2021, 01:50   #19

Boat: currently boatless

Quote:
Originally Posted by keelsidedown View Post
Why would I attempt to drive down the price of a catamaran that will no longer be considered?

Every time there is further evidence revealed, I will post with similar wording so that others may be warned off these boats.
Mate I dont know what your history is but its clear you dont like Lagoons, Thats your opinion, but take it from someone whos owned two and on the hunt for their third - do you homework and work with facts - not hearsay and "I heard". Sounds like you are some troll just happy to stir things. My opinion -
Old 28-08-2021, 04:23   #20

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:

Why keep droning on? Why not stay with your first thread? What is your purpose, and why? We’re all reading the same news. Is this just for newbies, and will you be creating new threads over the next 10 years - a Lagoon damage control reporter?
Old 28-08-2021, 10:11   #21

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
That’s a different boat entirely. Those barely count as lagoons. (In a good way)
Agreed, which is exactly my point. The OP keeps lumping all lagoons in with the 450. They are not all the same.
Old 28-08-2021, 10:28   #22

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Has OP told us what model of boat he owns? Seems to skip the question. More like a schitt stirrer with nothing better to do.
Old 28-08-2021, 10:37   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
Has OP told us what model of boat he owns? Seems to skip the question. More like a schitt stirrer with nothing better to do.
They do seem to go to great lengths to avoid answering that question, don't they? I kinda feel sorry for them, sitting in front of a computer somewhere devoting their time and effort to starting repeated identical threads about flaws in boats. Meanwhile those of us who understand that every boat has flaws are out enjoying ourselves cruising on "flawed" boats. I can only hope for their sake that they finally get it; seems like a miserable life as it is.
Old 28-08-2021, 10:58   #24

Quote:
I have yet to meet anyone plying the small vessel waters worth a damned who carries an actual PE designation.
I see. Can I then assume you have a doctorate or have done post doctorate work to qualify you in evaluating professional engineers? That's a very demanding discipline, one I respect highly given the time requirements and depth of knowledge required.

I look forward to the day we might meet. I love conversations with people that have accomplished so much.
Old 28-08-2021, 11:14   #25

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Sure, in your original thread as this one is now closed and please don't create new ones for the same issue.

Peter

Closed Thread

Tags
lagoon