Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2012, 00:45   #1

Lagoon 410

Why should I never buy a Lagoon 410 for a three years family sabbatical with kids?

Why is a Lagoon 410 a reasonable ship for a three years family sabbatical with kids?

Shall I go for a S2?

Would a FP be a better choice?

(Navigation area is Med, Atlantic and Carribean)

Every opinion is wellcome!!!

Martin
Martin Haupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 00:57   #2

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Lagoon 410

Have you previously sailed/chartered one as in 'test drive' to confirm that it suits you and your family, other peoples opinions amount to little really.

We spend very little time in Marina's and much time sailing or at anchor here in the Adriatic, in the last six months i can honestly say that if we see a catamaran out it will be a Lagoon, close to 7 out of every 10 the others are usually Leopards then FP's.

Try before you buy.

Good luck Frank
Old 20-09-2012, 01:01   #3

Boat: Jeanneua 36

just go hundreds cant be that wrong
bigpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 02:13   #4

Dear Lagoon4us,

I have sailed once a Lagoon 380 for some days and once a Lagoon 410 for a week. But this is 9 years ago and at that time I did not think about purchasing a ship. I can remember, that the sailing ability of the Lagoon 410 was much better than of the Lagoon 380 and that I felt comfortable on the 410.

But that is all nothing against the experience of an owner. Please, every opinion is welcome.

Martin
Martin Haupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 08:06   #5

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

We did this trip (Spain to Carib) during a one year sabatical in 2011/2012 as a family with two pre-school kids, which includes the crossing on our own.

We had a 1999 Lagoon 410 standard version, 4 cabins and 2 heads and overall were really happy with our choice. We had buddies doing the same trip on a 380 S2 in parallel, they were also quite happy with the boat.

What exactly do you want to know?

If it's just the overall impression: I'd do it again anytime!
Unfortunately our daughter just entered school and there simply is no legal way to homeschool German kids.

But it all depends. What is your budget and how big is the family? Both of you physically fit? How old are the kids, are they already old enough to act as line helpers / do watches or do they just mess up the lines like ours? What do you want to do with the boat afterwards? Bring back to Europe or sell there?

Ich denke Du bist deutschsprachig? Falls es hilft, können wir direkt mailen / telefonieren. Schick mir einfach eine PN.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 19:39   #6

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx

Marti
Just do it!!

Others are right , the lagoon is a solid boat. You have fun outfitting the boat with solar, water-maker and large battery bank and drogues.
The 410's are priced right but reserve about 40-50k for all the add-ons and safety gear. You could hire me, a licensed captain and I will sail you everywhere
Christine
xxuxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon