Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2019, 22:48   #46

Re: Is This A Piver ?

My husband and I owned this boat from 2006-08.
We posted those photos on Myspace you linked!
Happy to answer any questions I can!
She is NOT a Piver, but a Custom Trimaran built by a now defunct Seattle based Boatworks/Shipwright called Nottingham. She IS a similar design to Piver. When we had her as live-aboards we inspected every inch of her. She had solid "bones"/structure, but her interior finish work and subsequent rigging changes, were poorly executed. My husband built the Dodger shown when we planned to sail her from Seattle to San Francisco. I have many pictures and happy memories from this vessel. Miss her!
She was named "Home Sweet Home".

Our question is, where is the vessel now, and dare I ask, what does she look like today?Anyone? Still in Shelton, WA. ? (Last thread or posting was 2010.)
Fair winds, Amanda Thompson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_233337.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	188991   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_233235.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	188992  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_233631.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	188993  
AmandaSoarsFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 18:18   #47

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

Wow! A 12 year old thread resurrected. I imagine its unlikely that the boat survived its last owners per this thread from 2011. But if so it would be fun to know. I'll post this link to another thread of the NW Multihull Association meeting in Seattle on Tuesday. We still have members around from the 1960s and 70's and likely some of them knew this boat, its pre 2007 history, and the builder Nottingham. Come to the meeting Tuesday or contact the club thru the website or me by PM and we will try and help you out.

Amanda, where are you? Come to the above mentioned meeting if you are in the area and we'll put you in touch with some of the old timers.

Eric
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 07:39   #48

Eric, first off, thank you for your prompt reply. Am excited to possibly discover what became of our former vessel, the 40' Nottingham Custom Trimaran, last seen in Shelton, WA. 2010!
Old 31-03-2019, 11:35   #49

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

Amanda, give me a PM or come to the meeting found in the link in my previous post if you want to get in touch with some of our club old timers.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32   #50

Amanda if you are in the Seattle area I just learned that a couple members from the 1970s and or 80s will be at our meeting tomorrow. They might have known your boat, or you even. We invite and always have guests show up at our informal pot lucks so come if you can. The info is on the other thread
Old 10-12-2020, 08:49   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
greetings from a new member!

i have for some time now been looking at a tri labeled only as a 1971 nottingham custom trimaran. pictured here:

www.myspace.com/trisail

(if you click on the "pics" link below the small pic in the top left, it takes you to a gallery of about 40 pics)

the boat has been for sale on and off for a bit now, and i had a chance once again today to go in for a closer look. needless to say, i am very interested in this boat, and have spent the past few hours trying to find out whatever i can about it... which is a fairly hard thing to do as it turns out.

at this point, i've stumbled across Donald Crowhurst and his sad voyage - which led me to stumble across Arthur Piver, who designed/built wood/fiberglass boats that look VERY similar to this one, such as the boat recently sold here:

Used piver loadstar 40 trimaran, Y-Knot

the tri i am looking at is indeed a 40' wood/glass job, which seems to be the right design and from the right era, and i'm wondering if it is a variant of a piver 40? it seems piver let just about anybody build his designs (that was his goal, it seems, to let anybody affordably build a tri). in further researching this fact, i then also stumbled across the nottingham shipyard in seattle, wa - which i'm fairly certain doesn't exist anymore, as it's very hard to get info on them, but a fair amount of these boats seem to be around this area, and it seems that nottingham may have been involved.

at any rate - (sorry this is getting long-winded) - is this boat a piver? and if so - is a piver a decent boat to buy? of coarse i would get it surveyed before purchase - but if all that checks out - how do they sail? how do they hold up in rough weather? exactly how much work is involved with a wood/glass boat - i've only been involved with all glass or all wood boats up until this point - and i know that an all wood boat needs a certain amount of attention every year. is this same attention necessary with a wood/glass combo?

thanks for your input, i'll let you know what more i find out as it happens!

-dan
I owned this vessel from 2006-2008. This is my photo! Email AmandaSoarsFree@Yahoo.com and I will tell you all about her. Last seen near Shelton, WA. area.
Please let me know if you know where she is and what has become of her. I have many more images too. No she is NOT a Piver, but a custom built vessel. Nottingham is the boatyard now defunct.

Tags
piver