Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:27   #1

Heavenly Twins 26 - Genoa Luff Length

Does anybody know the length of the luff for a Heavenly Twins 26 Genoa and all other measurements if possible.

Also what is the mast height above the deck.
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 15:25   #2
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 25ft Merlin catamaran, 34ft Romany catamaran
I suggest you contact the Multihull Centre in Millbrook tel 01752 823900. However they will tell you that there were 3 if not 4 versions of the Heavenly Twins, so it depends on which model you have. The later boats had bigger rigs.

There are several HT's in the yard there, including 2 by my office, so at a last resort you could always measure one.

Hoped this helped a little

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

Woods Designs Sailing Catamarans
Woods Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:41   #3
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
I wish I saw your post yesterday. I'm forwarding your question to a friend of mine at my marina who owns a HT26. I should an answer today.

At one time we were docked next to one another and his mast is about 3 feet shorter than mine. My guess on mast height is 37-38 ft.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:35   #4
cruiser

I didn't get the answer I thought I'd get. Here's what he wrote me.

-----------------

"I'm not sure of my specs and there were at least 3 versions of the HT 26. I don't know.

Cruising Direct (the sail business) has some numbers on file but they didn't match up with my boat...."

sorry
Old 06-04-2009, 09:38   #5

Rick, Thanks for trying, I actually spoke with Pip Paterson the son of the original builder/designer Pat Paterson and we worked out that the model I looked at that the luff length is about 29 feet.
By the way, although the French guy with the free Catalac did reply to my email as I told you, he has never contacted me since.
Very strange.
Thanks
Ian
Old 06-04-2009, 12:18   #6
cruiser

Ian,

Glad to see you obtained the info. As to the Catalac, Yes .. very strange indeed. If there ever is a 'next time' , I promise to verify before posting.

The HT26 is a very well regarded boat and a few have circumnavigated. The outboard setup is sweet, but it does take away from their center cockpit. It's a nice size boat for single handing or a couple.

A cockpit Bimini poses a challenge. My friend has his custom made with slots for the rigging to come through.

On the boat you're looking at, pay attention to the forestay attachment points. On my friend's boat, he attempted to tighten the double forestay for better windward performance and bent the bits of metal mounted on each hull which terminate the stays. It's an area he says needs improvement.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:33   #7

Rick
Thanks for the info, if I get the boat concerned it is a twin diesel so no lump in the cockpit so a bit more room. As far as the forestay bridle attachment is concerned my idea was to do away with the wooden cross beam and slats and fit an aluminium fore beam with seagul striker and mini tramps, and have the roller furler attached directly to this with a smaller genoa with the sheets coming through leads on adjustable cars on the saloon roof to assist in a better windward pointing etc.
Maybe fit a small foldable bow sprit for a gennaker.
This is all assumptive depending if I get the boat as it is going to tender and needs a lot of work.
Cheers
Ian

Tags
Genoa