Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2016, 03:00   #1036

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: GUNBOAT Dismasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Not suprising
A pointless comment, but what I mean is that I sail mostly alone but I cruise with my wife.

In what regards maneuvering the boat (sailing the boat) I do that most of the times solo. She does not like sailing and I respect that, but she likes cruising.

On the past I have sailed with my kids but they have their own life now and their holidays are on the winter (they work with tourism).

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:42   #1037

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: GUNBOAT Dismasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
Honestly i dont see any problem with the boat apart from a lame crew and a faulty rig, include the winches station,, that rig to sporty for my taste ,,, the hulls are wonderful and they probe something ,, they float after who know how many lows and gales,,
Regarding the winch station I find it very odd. It could be alright on an heavy cat that did not need frequent regulations on the sails but on a performance boat they would be frequent even more if the boat is used for racing too as most gunboats are, but giving the intended use that does not make much sense.

Look at the first images on this video with three guys on a big boat all together on a narrow space, trying to have a good view of the sails from the inside one at the wheel and two busy with regulations.

That helm don't look also very sensitive. Look at how the wheel-man is treating the wheel. Not a two finger affair.

But overall is a nice sailing boat (I don't like the cabin) with some oddities.

There is something I do not understand. On the video there is a traveler block and the tester talks about losing the traveller but I do not see any traveler:

Unless the traveler is that small thing you see here but even if it has a small traveler how is it handled? There are no lines there.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, dismasting, mast, rescue