Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2020, 05:19   #1

Boat: Nautitech 46 open
Unhappy Goiot Sliding doors

I’ve a 2 year old Nautitech 46 with a Goiot double sliding saloon door which fails to lock and even latch in the open or closed position. I don’t think the upper latches ever married up with the slots in the frame but now the locking mechanisms link rod has become separated from the spring loaded upper latch. I’ve been told by the agents of Nautitech in Martinique , (I bought her second hand) that the only place in the Med that I can get the warranty work done is in Port Camargue.S France. I’d dearly like the work done closer to where I’m cruising in Sardinia and Sicily. If anyone has had similar issues or knows someone that can help repair or replace these doors. I’d really appreciate it.
It seems neither Goiot or Nautitech will deal directly with owners and only through the original selling agents who are often impossible to contact and/or disinterested in dealin with post sales problems especially with 2nd owners!
Alanvkrasno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:01   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler
Re: Goiot Sliding doors

It sounds like they've cornered you into the choice of fighting with Nautitech or sailing to the west. It's too finely appointed a boat (Gorgeous, I might say) to modify the bad design/installation to your liking.

There are internet dealers for Goiot hatch parts. Is the problem such that you could repair the latches with new parts?
Old 05-07-2020, 07:44   #3

Hi tkeithlu, you’ve got the idea! If I could get the parts I might be able to get the yard to fit them. Of course a chat with Goiot technical team would be ideal. Do you have a link to Goiot parts or should I try Googling. Glad you like my choice of cat. ! It ticks almost all the boxes but some workmanship could be a tad better. But you get what you pay for.
Old 02-09-2021, 23:53   #4

Hi Alanvkrasno, Just read your post about the door on your Open46. Have you managed to to have the problem fixed? We have had similar problems with ours. At one stage the glazing was held in with duct tape. We paid for work on the doors in Sicily that was not effective, then had further repairs done in Tivat, Montenegro by a company called Boatservice. They did a good job and the doors worked as new.

Now into our second season sailing since repairs the doors are showing signs of deteriorating again. It would appear there is a design/material/installation flaw with them. If you`ve had a lasting repair done, or got some drawings of the mechanisms would you be able to share the information please?

Cheers
RobFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:38   #5

Hi. The problem with the doors was they wouldn’t latch in an open or closed position. It seems the control rod from the handle trigger to the upper spring loaded bolt had become detached. The only drawings I had were the ones from the Goiot website. The engineers in Arbatax marina lifted the doors out of the track and with a lot of fiddling got the latches to work. Fingers crossed they stay that way.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:09   #6

OK Thanks for that info. Hope it stays good for you.
RobFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanvkrasno View Post
I’ve a 2 year old Nautitech 46 with a Goiot double sliding saloon door which fails to lock and even latch in the open or closed position. I don’t think the upper latches ever married up with the slots in the frame but now the locking mechanisms link rod has become separated from the spring loaded upper latch. I’ve been told by the agents of Nautitech in Martinique , (I bought her second hand) that the only place in the Med that I can get the warranty work done is in Port Camargue.S France. I’d dearly like the work done closer to where I’m cruising in Sardinia and Sicily. If anyone has had similar issues or knows someone that can help repair or replace these doors. I’d really appreciate it.

It seems neither Goiot or Nautitech will deal directly with owners and only through the original selling agents who are often impossible to contact and/or disinterested in dealin with post sales problems especially with 2nd owners!

Same happened to me. Had to remove the door and reset the rod’s upper attachment. A pain.
Cano46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Goiot