Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 09:35   #1

Boat: Balance 442
FreeFlow 46

I wonder if anybody knows what happened to FreeFlow. I stumbled the other day on FreeFlow Catamarans and fell in love with FreeFlow46. Great boat. 21st century Antares (I may be a bit harsh to Antares but they should come up with a new hull).
The last posts that I can find (facebook) are from a year ago. Did they produce any more of these boats? What happened to Keshi (hull #1)?
promanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 15:28   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Re: FreeFlow 46

As far as I know Freflow are still going, give Nathan Stanton a call, he is the principal of Free Flow and the designer. He is also a very knowledgable and decent bloke. If the FF designs appeal to you then then you will enjoy dealing with Nathan.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 16:04   #3

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Have to agree with your summation of the FF46.

To me it is the ideal vessel and built /designed as a live aboard.

No others 46's have been built to my knowledge although a 52 is in construction in europe. Phone Nathan.

Check out this builder who is ready to build now. Pm me if you need any more info.

Kelsall Catamarans - Ballotta Catamarans - Custom built catamarans - Prices I note the website is playing up at at this moment.
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 15:27   #4

Boat: FreeFlow 50 cat

Hi Promanus,

My first post here after joining CF, but at least it's a topic that I know something about. We have gone through a detailed selection process to find a liveaboard blue water cruiser for the South Pacific, and finding Nathan's Freeflow 46 was very exciting. It is just such a well thought out design with some very innovative and practical features. There is alot "below the surface" in her design and construction that set the design apart. We met with the designer for a detailed (and I mean detailed) review of what, how and why she was designed as the culmination of Nathan's extensive experience in the catamaran industry, and came away highly impressed, to say the least.

We are seriously looking at having the FF46 built, but overseas due to labour costs here in Oz and actively working with Nathan Stanton on that.

We are visiting Keshi next week to experience her performance. She is on the Australian west coast & I had a great chat with the owner who is a very experienced cruiser, having sailed several mono's and cats over the decades. He says it is an incredible boat, amazingly easy to handle with the wishbone rig!
If there is any specific info I can help you with, just PM me. I would encourage you to hop on multihulldynamics.com to compare the Freeflow 46 with ANY of the 44'-46' designs re performance/stability. It is not a Gunboat, for sure, but it really performs considering it's bluewater capabilities and payload capacity.
BigBeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2015, 18:45   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 65 Sailing/Fishing catamaran

Are there any drawings og the rig in profile so one might determine the extent of mast aft/

Are there any drawings of the nacelle structure?
Old 30-11-2015, 20:30   #6

Boat: FreeFlow 50 cat

The FreeFlow 46 Keshi is alive and well and cruising the west coast of Oz. I speak with the owner regularly.

I can say that the design is going into production and the site of manufacture is being worked through now. There are some new design features that will be just excellent, really innovative but not so "out there" that they are not practical and robust solutions.

Because of the stage of negotiations, not alot can be said at this point but, STAY TUNED, there will be information forthcoming. It is all happening
BigBeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:06   #7

Boat: FP Elba 45

I ran into Nathan at the last Sydney Boat Show, a real genuine chap, whilst checking out a FP 44, we had a short chat, amongst other things Nathan mentioned he was moving to the USA, I assume to set up Freeflow there.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote