Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2015, 17:19   #1

Boat: Nautitech Open 46
Florida to BVI route 65

Cheorae has been laid up in Ft Lauderdale for the past year. New mast and boom from France took a lot longer than expected.
We are planning to move her to the BVI in November. Couple of questions

1, We are on a 1 year cruising permit ( UK boat) now expired. Boat hasn't moved from Just cats. So no need to inform CG. I tried to call coastguard office to ask but no one seemed to know. I was told I didn't need any paperwork to exit the U.S.

2, how far in advance do the delivery captains need booking. I Intend on doing this with myself and a sailing friend but he has no real offshore experience, therefore I will hire a proffesional who has done this before. We have a rotating mast and running back stays will I find someone with this type of experience on short notice?

Regards
Paul
Sv. Cheorae
49' Freydis
Steel sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 17:25   #2

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
Re: Florida to BVI route 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel sails View Post
Cheorae has been laid up in Ft Lauderdale for the past year. New mast and boom from France took a lot longer than expected.
We are planning to move her to the BVI in November. Couple of questions

1, We are on a 1 year cruising permit ( UK boat) now expired. Boat hasn't moved from Just cats. So no need to inform CG. I tried to call coastguard office to ask but no one seemed to know. I was told I didn't need any paperwork to exit the U.S.

2, how far in advance do the delivery captains need booking. I Intend on doing this with myself and a sailing friend but he has no real offshore experience, therefore I will hire a proffesional who has done this before. We have a rotating mast and running back stays will I find someone with this type of experience on short notice?

Regards
Paul
Sv. Cheorae
49' Freydis
1 - Your US Cruising Permit is issued by Customs and Border Protection (CBP), not USCG. I suggest you talk to CBP about exiting the US.
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 18:38   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Sound like an interesting rig. Doubt you'll have any issues leaving, make sure you don't need to come back prior to clearing in another country.

You plan to go after hurricane season?
Old 22-08-2015, 21:23   #4

Boat: Nautitech Open 46

Sorry my mistake I was calling CBP, I have a decal so I only needed to call in when the boat moves. Boat didn't mean vet for last 14 months waiting for new mast.

Planning to leave mid November, maybe I will put in a request in the crew required section.
Regards
Paul
Steel sails is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, route