Thanks for your advice
Definitely will plan to take an ASA
In the prospect I have of getting involve with sailing around at retirement
, I have moved into a smaller house a few years ago, which resulted in smaller payment.
My plan is to sell the house at some point and maybe live on the cat before I can retire. I plan to spend most of the time in Europe
from October to May, but would also love to explore other parts
of the world during that time. My budget
to buy a boat would be around 500k. I have been reading reviews
and so far have come up with the lagoon
42. I don’t know if it has exactly the specs I need, but it seems to fit what I would consider a very comfortable boat to live on. I also like the layout a lot.
So I am looking for inputs on :
- is the lagoon
42 a good catamaran to cruise
around the world ? Longer crossings ?
- any other Catamaran with similar layouts, (helm location, etc… in the same price
- is it possible to find a docking
in the ft Lauderdale-west palm beach location where you can live on board for around 1500$/month ?
- what are the downsides of living onboard that I might not realize ?
- what is the best option to park the boat for a 3-4 months period if not used ?
Thanks for your input