Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2020, 01:34   #1
Sos

Boat: Woods Flica catamaran
Drifter

I didn't want to hijack the Code 0 / Spinnaker thread so a new one..

Also would like a light wind sail. At the moment we have a large Genoa and a symmetrical spinnaker.

Watching the latest they have fitted a removable synthetic Solent stay which they can use with a smaller headsail and a lightweight Drifter sail. This to me looks like a very good idea and was wondering if it would work on our cat. Another advantage is a spare emergency stay!

Another point that I liked was that the Drifter was fitted to the stay by a continuous luff zip which looked very easy to set. Anyone used one of these?
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:39   #2

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran
Re: Drifter

i don't claim to know a whole lot, but i have never seen such a sail. VERY good idea tho, and i am very intrigued by the zipper idea on a synthetic solent stay. i also am a proponent of a sail inventory, i just bot a storm jib which i estimate to be 25-30% of fore triangle, and an asymmetric spinnaker. Very interested in this idea. Gotta give it some more thot....

jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote