Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2017, 07:56   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Coupling Switches Lagoon 380

Does anyone have a really clear idea on how the three isolation/coupling switches in the port hull and starboard hull work.

I had originally thought their purpose was to enable switching starter batteries so that if one were flat, you could start the engine off the other starter battery in the other hull.

However, in troubling shooting a problem Im now baffled. Through turning them off and on and seeing the change on the control panel read outs this is what I've come to learn which just baffles me:

Port hull - Batt 1 is "Engine" on the control panel and the port starter battery. If you turn this off, the control panel will not show "Engine". Batt 2 is actually the house batteries as you loose ALL house power (and the control panel) if you switch this off. I thought the purpose of these switches was to couple the starter batteries and its this switch that confuses me the most.

Starboard hull - Batt 1 is "Auxiliary" on the control panel and the starboard starter batter. If you turn this off, the control panel will not show "Auxiliary". I'm not sure what Batt 2 is as turning this off/on has no impact on the control panel - my best guess based on the port hull is that Batt 2 may be in some way connected to the house batteries?

Does this sound right to anyone?
BareFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 00:31   #2

Boat: Hanse 348
Re: Coupling Switches Lagoon 380

Port hull has house and engine.

Stb has stb engine and a coupler to port if you don't have enough juice to start it.

Black ground handle must be turned on for batteries to work.

Port engine runs windlass and hot water.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 380