Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2019, 21:56   #2686

Re: Crowther Buc 35 in PNW $18,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Brown's Searunners are highly regarded for long term liveaboard and passage making. There is a whole thread on here devoted to them. His 31 with wing decks, Scrimshaw, he and his wife lived on for years.
Actually, Scrimshaw was the A-Frame model so it had even less storage than the one with solid wing decks.
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35   #2687

Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjonsilver View Post
Longjon, I am not a member of Kijiji. Noticed that the photos in the link are from 2004. Do you have more info or perhaps a corroborating link/listing? Perhaps is the listing a scam?
Jim
sailrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:34   #2688

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailrjim View Post
Longjon, I am not a member of Kijiji. Noticed that the photos in the link are from 2004. Do you have more info or perhaps a corroborating link/listing? Perhaps is the listing a scam?
Jim
i called the guy a while back and it is not a scam imho. She was listed last year for 20kCanadian. The guy has been fixing up this boat for some 10 years. He says that the interior is like in the photos, but there is some rot in the bow. PM me and i will give you his phone number.
jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 11:32   #2689
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Inexpensive 34’ Catalac
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/boa...896541333.html
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:02   #2690

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

Here's a cute pocket cruiser. It sounds like they are very ready to make a deal.
Here's a link the seller gave me but it didn't seem to offer much.

Bobber, you know this cat, its in your area?

Something has changed or gone wonky on me for adding attachments. I tried, lets see if it works:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...1&d=1560099674
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 8.52.10 AM.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	193554  
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 13:40   #2691

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

No Eric, I haven't ever seen that one. It's a good one for Vaughn Bay because the entrance is only a few feet deep at 0 tide but it does get deeper inside. There aren't a lot of cats down here. There's an L39 in GH, a Gem near Raft Island that sits in the mud twice a day at low tide at someone's house, an L440 and Catana 411 in Port Orchard, a Voyage 440 on a mooring in Colvos Passage, and an L380 that is for sale in Bremerton. A Venezia was passing through and we chatted a bit but I think they were from Olympia. I see a few tris around too but none seem to be based here. I haven't been sailing in a month of Sundays but kayak or bike ride every day.
Old 09-06-2019, 14:40   #2692

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

Wow Bobber, you have quite a line on multis around here. I was thinking we might see you at our June 2 meeting at Pt Townsend during the R2AK. It was the most entertaining and best attended one I've been to because we saw everyone from your side of the Sound. I'll PM you about a sail.
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 10:26   #2693
smj

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11378058704...&ul_noapp=true
Old 16-06-2019, 10:46   #2694
smj

Apache catamaran
https://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/...912902938.html
Old 16-06-2019, 17:36   #2695

Boat: Still building

This is the one that was on yachtworld and sailboat listing for some time.

It's priced the same as the unused (but incomplete) Liahona rescued from Peabody ME.

TWO Liahonas, both in Maine....

What are the odds?

My guess is the one in Yarmouth ME needs rigging as well, so it's probably not viable at the asking price. Present owner paid too much for it.

The "wifes left me" story might be just that....

Or am I being too cynical?
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 07:10   #2696

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
This is the one that was on yachtworld and sailboat listing for some time.

My guess is the one in Yarmouth ME needs rigging as well, so it's probably not viable at the asking price. Present owner paid too much for it.

The "wifes left me" story might be just that....

Or am I being too cynical?
i had been in contact with the owner of the Liahona in Yarmouth and went to see her over a year ago, based on the listing on Yachtworld. If i remember correctly she was priced at 100k - could be wrong about that. But the owner at the time had two boats, and Amakama (her name) was the loser of the battle for his heart. He kept mentioning to make an offer on her but he would have had to go down alot to entice me. Buying a project 5 hours from your home makes no sense. There was numerous stuff to do on her, dunno about the condition of the rigging, if i remember correctly the mast was up but the running rigging was full of mold. There was fairing on the hull that had chipped off, and i suspect rot near the port forward deck locker. Green marine had done work on her, forgot what exactly. She was built by a man in Lunenburg NS and he sailed her to the Bahamas and back. If you trust his workmanship in foam/glass then this might be a deal, but i notice that there are no bids so far on her. Often the bids come in at the last minute. We'll see. i didn't hear a "wifes left me story" but rather "two boats are one too much".
jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 21:58   #2697

Yeah, looks like the guy who just sold the Liahona on eBay bought from your vendor - the guy with two tris. Current vendor bought tri to save the heeling so his wife would go sailing and she divorced him instead, hence the discount price sale.
Looks like it sold for US$18K, according to ebay.
Which is probably on the money, as the Wilson Lobau, Peabody Liahona, is currently fund-raising to find half the $15K needed to get it to the water. The 'rescuer' has (wisely IMHO) opted not to pay the full amount, so the vendors are trying to GoFundMe the difference.
So while it's hull is no doubt better built and has no rot, neither does it have any rigging or interior, so there are still big jobs to fund, estimated at circa $45-50K.
So the new owner ought to end up with a 43' "brand new" tri for around $60-70K.
Considering a similar design-vintage Crowther 35' sold last year for $80K, on water, in cruise-ready mode, that's probably about right for a wood-built older tri design.
Similar vintage boats 'needing work' seem to be in the $20-40K 'asking price' range - which you know is well negotiable....
Old 18-06-2019, 04:50   #2698

Ebay auction for the Simpson tri in Maine ended without any bids. When first listed starting bid was 15K, then it became 16K then 18K. There is a fair bit of history about it on line, and up until 2012 looks to have been a well maintained active boat. On the hard for nearly a decade I guess. Work done at Greene's yard was in 2008, details on their website. I was going to take a ride down for a viewing and enjoy Route 1, the current owner is on site for the coming week. Believe he has owned it for all of a week, is intending to spend summer prepping to take it to NC if 18K not met.
Dymaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 06:48   #2699

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
48' Tri in Everett, WA $17,500

Yup, it's a project.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/b...911658913.html

When you guys post could you please list some simple details like I did in my title line and maybe a pic. These links to Craigslist, eBay, Yachtworld and others all become dead links at some point.
Keep em coming.
Old 19-06-2019, 17:33   #2700

Man, that is one ugly, and over-priced, project boat.

What was it originally? Piver?

Tags
cheap, paracelle