Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2017, 04:23   #2086
Registered User
 
2Tall2Tri's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Madison, CT
Boat: Seafarer,Atlantic,30
Posts: 13
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post


Kelsall 40 SOLD! Before I could get there. Multiple buyers. 15k apparently.
2Tall2Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 09:18   #2087
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 357
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tall2Tri View Post
Kelsall 40 SOLD! Before I could get there. Multiple buyers. 15k apparently.
Sorry you didn't get to it in time. Everybody was a bit disparaging about that boat, but (with my limited knowledge) I actually liked it. I hoped it wasn't too far gone to save, looks like it wasn't.
__________________
Herreshoff preferred Multi's...........
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." A. Lincoln
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 17:18   #2088
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fremantle
Posts: 559
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

I'd be watching gumtree in Qld in future, bound to be some bargains after tropical cyclone Debbie. Sad but true.
The news showed dozens of beached boats and many were catamarans, was heart wrenching to see. Very few human casualties though which is a credit to all involved.
Redreuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 20:57   #2089
Registered User
 
snort's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trunk (boot) of my car
Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!
Posts: 1,230
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Not exactly cheap, but cheap for a fully equipped 40-foot catamaran:
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/64698
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 22:11   #2090
Registered User
 
UNCIVILIZED's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Up the mast, looking for clean wind.
Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Posts: 5,629
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Anyone got anything of interest to post here that's recent?
__________________

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 12:05   #2091
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,114
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Just poking around on Craigslist I saw this Gemini 3000 MkII in Forked River, NJ, for $28,000:

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/6051103197.html
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 12:54   #2092
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,114
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Here's a 26' Heavenly Twins for $21,000:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/boa/6075441633.html
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 13:02   #2093
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,114
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Here's another Heavenly Twins, for $28,000:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/boa/6084106465.html

and an Iriquois 30 for $29,900:
https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/6046891439.html

Not necessarily cheap for their type and size, but a relatively low-cost entry to multihull cruising for someone seeking that.
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 13:24   #2094
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,114
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Here's a 37' Roger Simpson cat for $45,000 in Key Largo:
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/6078956495.html

Looks like it needs some cleaning up, but there might be good value there.
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 13:53   #2095
Registered User
 
UNCIVILIZED's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Up the mast, looking for clean wind.
Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Posts: 5,629
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormorant View Post
Here's a 37' Roger Simpson cat for $45,000 in Key Largo:
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/6078956495.html

Looks like it needs some cleaning up, but there might be good value there.
Interesting boat, though not exactly a lot of bridgedeck clearance. Loaded up she'll be a wake dragger, & LOUD inside due to same.

BTW, thanks 4 posting these!
__________________

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 14:03   #2096
Registered User
 
Suijin's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumping around the Caribbean
Boat: Valiant 40
Posts: 4,625
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Take off has been delayed due to mechanical issues:



Evidently the owner had dreams of turning this in an AirBnB rental, lol. It's in Oriental NC. Make an offer.
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 02:51   #2097
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,114
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Here's an EBay listing for a 40' cat in Mexico. Opening bid is $20,000. Auction closes in less than two days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-ft-catamaran-/232297152120

THE SPIRIT OF TWO This catamaran was built in Hamburg, Germany in 1982. It was sailed across the Atlantic Ocean and through the Panama Canal, then up the Pacific Coast to San Diego, California. I bought it in San Diego in 1986. I sailed to down to La Paz, Mexico where it stayed from 1986 to 2007 when we sailed it up to Guaymas Mexico. The Hulls are made of high grade really good plywood covered with fiberglass. The boat is Cutter Rigged and has · A hydraulic motor on a strut that lifts out of the water when sailing. · A new Main Sail with cover. · A roller furing Jenno jib · A Spinnaker sail · A 33lb Bruce Anchor · A 49lb Plow Anchor · A 35lb Max Anchor · A big sea anchor with 200 feet of nylon line. · Swing Keels and Kickup Rudders · A 10 ft livingston Dingy with 5 HP Merc o.b. The motor is a Kabota Diesel D850 20 Horsepower. There is a main double bed between the two hulls forward of the Cabin. Double bed in the star board side of the hull. A bolted down porta potty that pumps over board when at Sea. It has stove & oven, double stainless steel sinks, refrigerator, freezer, automatic washing machine, manual head and a new Electric head not installed, a bath tub with shower, sinks by the head in each hull. Standup headroom in cabin. Electronics: · VHF Radio Kenwood 44 Ham Radio · GPS Wind Vane · Depth Sounder · TV with VCR · Microwave Oven · 2 Auto helms · 4 solar panels and batteries Needs Fiberglass patches Sanded and Painted. Trampoline Net needs repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spirit of Two.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	145365  
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 03:13   #2098
Registered User
 
UNCIVILIZED's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Up the mast, looking for clean wind.
Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Posts: 5,629
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormorant View Post
Here's an EBay listing for a 40' cat in Mexico. Opening bid is $20,000. Auction closes in less than two days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-ft-catamaran-/232297152120

THE SPIRIT OF TWO This catamaran was built in Hamburg, Germany in 1982. It was sailed across the Atlantic Ocean and through the Panama Canal, then up the Pacific Coast to San Diego, California. I bought it in San Diego in 1986. I sailed to down to La Paz, Mexico where it stayed from 1986 to 2007 when we sailed it up to Guaymas Mexico. The Hulls are made of high grade really good plywood covered with fiberglass. The boat is Cutter Rigged and has · A hydraulic motor on a strut that lifts out of the water when sailing. · A new Main Sail with cover. · A roller furing Jenno jib · A Spinnaker sail · A 33lb Bruce Anchor · A 49lb Plow Anchor · A 35lb Max Anchor · A big sea anchor with 200 feet of nylon line. · Swing Keels and Kickup Rudders · A 10 ft livingston Dingy with 5 HP Merc o.b. The motor is a Kabota Diesel D850 20 Horsepower. There is a main double bed between the two hulls forward of the Cabin. Double bed in the star board side of the hull. A bolted down porta potty that pumps over board when at Sea. It has stove & oven, double stainless steel sinks, refrigerator, freezer, automatic washing machine, manual head and a new Electric head not installed, a bath tub with shower, sinks by the head in each hull. Standup headroom in cabin. Electronics: · VHF Radio Kenwood 44 Ham Radio · GPS Wind Vane · Depth Sounder · TV with VCR · Microwave Oven · 2 Auto helms · 4 solar panels and batteries Needs Fiberglass patches Sanded and Painted. Trampoline Net needs repairs.
Funny, the ad says that the boat is in Caldwell, Idaho.
__________________

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 03:18   #2099
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,114
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Yeah, I noticed that and assumed it was some EBay artifact, the user's default location.

I was going by the somewhat incomplete narrative: "I bought it in San Diego in 1986. I sailed to down to La Paz, Mexico where it stayed from 1986 to 2007 when we sailed it up to Guaymas Mexico."

The pictures sorta look like Mexico, and it seems more likely that the boat wasn't trucked overland all the way to Idaho. . . .
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 12:03   #2100
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Carlos Mexico
Boat: PDQ 36
Posts: 147
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

The boat is on the hard in Guyamas Mexico. Could be a diamond in the rough or just rough, rough, rough. The seller doesn't give any indication of condition of anything. But it does have a washing machine and a bathtub!
KiminAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheap, paracelle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.