Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2018, 15:39   #16

Boat: Maine Cat 30
Re: Cat Charter in Seychelles in July

Thank you Piscis
Old 11-11-2018, 13:45   #17

Hello All,

Would anyone be willing to share their sailing itinerary they used in Croatia? We are planning to charter a catamaran in August 2019 and are looking to book our charter but want to investigate where we should start and where are the must see places.

Thanks,
Danielle
Ready 2 be free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 14:48   #18

I did a 7 day bareboat charter out of Dubrovnik marina last year.

My route was Dubrovnik , Sipanska Luka on Otok Sipan (village quay), Okuklje on Mljet (taverna jetty) , Polace on Mljet (taverna jetty), Lumbarda on Korcula (marina), Korcula Town (marina), Orebec in the Ston Canal (taverna jetty) Dubrovnik.

In busy season (e.g. June - September) I would recommend phoning ahead and reserving a berth wherever you are going. All the tavernas will hold a space for you if they know that you are coming.

If you like to be off the beaten track then Okuklje and Orebec are worth stopping at (but not a lot there!) whilst Korcula town is like a mini Dubrovnik.

I found Korcula marina to be very tight and I only had a 39ft mono. My neighbour there had a larger cat and was waiting for the guy opposite to move first so that he had more room to turn to get out of his berth.

Personally I would say that Dubrovnik is not the best starting point if only doing 7 days, as you are really limited to the channel between Mjlet and the mainland and the southern end of Korcula. 14 days would give you more scope to play with.

I have also done two trips out of Kremik marina (NW of split) up into the Kornati area and found that you had more choices of route up there. The river gorge up to Skradin and the Krka Falls is worth doing.
Goodall_M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 16:51   #19

Boat: Lagoon 400

Iíve chartered out of Trogir/Marina Agana using Sunsail. 14 days. Itinerary was Milna, Stari Grad, Korcula, Dubrovnik, Polace, Paklinski Islands, Komiza, Maslinica. Also visited Plitvice while on land. A little busy for some folks. Lots to see. Cheers.
pathlesschosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 20:00   #20

Awesome, thank you for the information. We are planning on doing a 14 day charter and I'm considering making it a one way so we can maximize our travel distance.
Ready 2 be free is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Seychelles