Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 02:59   #1

cat 41'-45' complete rigging cost?

hi,

I am trying to figure out how much would cost the complete rigging for a catamaran 41'-45' feet.In the process of gathering information in order to build a cat starting with a kit, it was easy to manage all info costs for most of items (hull, insulation, interior, engines, electrical installation , etc). Rigging cost information is harder to find, and information scarce.
Here are some details of the ideal equipment, for the 41' cat, that was in the design of the naval architect:
- Aluminium anodised mast - SPARCRAFT or SELDEN Lg. 17m, 2 spreaders, equipped with track for ball-bearing cars for the main sail leech, with 1 ball-bearing head car + 5 balls-bearing cars with stainless steel tips at each batten + 5 intermediate cars.
- Aluminium anodised boom, equipped with 3 furling reefs & mainsail clue line control with cleats at the end of the boom, hardware to receive lazy bag
- Gennaker hardware : bow sprit, blocks, jammer, furling system Facnor SDG 4000
- Standard rigging – stainless steel 1x19 : 4 diamond/lozenge + 2 longitudinal lozenge, 2 sheathed shrouds, 1 forestay with furling mechanism for Genoa SAILS
- INCIDENCES set of sails, horizontal cut, 1st choice Dacron Fabric (Hydranet option )
- 60m² Mainsail, 3 reefs, 5 round battens
- 25m² Jib, UV band
- 60m² Gennaker
- 6m² Storm jib RUNNING RIGGING
- 1 mainsail halyardDyneema – with block 2:1
- 1 jib halyardDyneema
- 1 topping lift
- mainsheet and jib sheet
- 3 mainsail reef lines + 1 clue line control
- sets for adjustments travellers of mainsail and jib
- 3mm Mast Messengers for Genoa n°2 and spinnaker/gennaker halyards
- 1 mooring set comprised of 2x 15m mooring lines (Ø16 mm white polyamide 5300kg) + 2x 20m mooring lines (Ø18 mm black polyamide 7000kg)
- 2 size 40 self tailing winches on mast for halyards and reef lines
- Jammers for Mainsail and jib halyards
- 4 blocks at foot mast for reef lines and clue line control
- Complete Lazy bag system, with blocks and jammers, INCIDENCES Aquamarine fabric

I would appreciate any opinion, should it be based on professional or practical experience; details mentioned above are not mandatory, so any similar rigging(price) from different factories would also be highly appreciated,

thanks to all of you,

Florentin
florentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 01:08   #2
Sos

Boat: Woods Flica catamaran
Re: cat 41'-45' complete rigging cost?

Just bumping this thread since I would like to know a budget cost of a similar set-up.
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 02:34   #3

hi, I have got some quotes, but I am not sure if price is ok, so I am waiting for some experienced sailors opinion ....quotes for sails only, mast and rigging hard to find an answer:
this is for a 41' cat:
main sail -Surface : 60 m² Tissus : Dacron 1er choix Grammage : 10.3 Oz - 430 gr Coupe : Coupe horizontale Prix : 8 830 € TTC
jib-Surface : 25 m² Tissus : Dacron 1er choix 2510 euros
gennaker-Surface : 60 m² Tissus : polyester armé - Coloris au choix ( blanc, bleu, rouge) Gamme : polyester Grammage : 2.2 - 150 g stormlite Coupe : Coupe triradiale Prix : 3 360 € TTC
sails price for a 45' cat:

main sail Surface : 72 m² Tissus : Dacron 1er choix Gamme : Dacron Grammage : 10.3 Oz - 430 gr Coupe : Coupe horizontale Prix : 10 760 € TTC
jib-Surface : 36 m² Tissus : Dacron 1er choix Prix : 3 700 €
Gennaker -Surface : 85 m² Tissus : Gamme : Nylon Grammage : 2.2 - 150 g stormlite ou nylon 2.5 Coupe : Coupe triradiale Prix : 4 760 € TTC
Spi asymétrique-Surface : 110 m² Tissus : Nylon - Coloris au choix ( blanc, jaune citron, jaune d’or, orange, rouge, rose, violet, bleu marine, bleu ciel, vert foncé, vert clair, gris, noir ) Gamme : Nylon Grammage : 1.5 oz - 65 g Coupe : Coupe triradiale Prix : 4 120 € TTC ;
sailmaker in la rochelle france, they are recommended by the naval architect where I buy the project;
I have found similar sails sets, at half price, at a company that is also in La Rochelle, France, but their plant is in tunisia,guarantee 2 years, sails same fabric; I don t know if it s allowed to put the names of the sailmakers, here, on the site...
florentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 02:36   #4

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

I am going to guesstimate 4O to 5Ok us. It could save you a bundle finding a used mast and boom with all the hardware. I.e. there was or is a 55ft selden mast w single spreader for sale here recently for a great price

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rigging