Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2022, 01:05   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression
buying new Catamaran Fail

very hard i save in cash 400000€ . and march i make decision Nautitech 40 open or FP 40, reserve Bavaria C42. i colecting my finace on couple account But in Croatia in 1 month is sold all slot for all mono and multihuls. price go up 30% and nobody sale new boat.

my neighbor, buy 10 slot for new Bavaria 45 cruiser on price 205 000€ + tax and want to sold me one to 285000€, normaly i say FY you and your boat ,
i go to search used boat all fail, this morning i call around 100 different dealer all used boat with normal price is sold in advance delivery october.
i ask from Spain DuFour grand large 50 he offer me duffor 46 for more money but 1 year different.

maybe money again be returned in stock.
2 dealer of new boat say me all manufacture reduce production because shortage of parts, engine winch, gasket for window,
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 16:01   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: buying new Catamaran Fail

Sorry to hear your plans did not work out, yet. I would think that if they are in fact cutting back production, their warranties will not be as good, either.

Ann
Old 01-06-2022, 16:44   #3

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

why buy new ? €400,000 gives you a choice of some very nice near new cats that are immediately available

a 2 yo boat will often be better than brand-new, as someone else has de-bugged her for you.

cheers,
Old 01-06-2022, 16:50   #4
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
why buy new ? €400,000 gives you a choice of some very nice near new cats that are immediately available

a 2 yo boat will often be better than brand-new, as someone else has de-bugged her for you.

cheers,
becouse 2 year boat usually is old model
only 1 is now on market used 2-3 year
https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/yacht/2...ia-40-8109844/

old model and some price like new isla 40 2023 year

before 30 days new isla be 350 000€ + tax of course
nautitech 40 open 310000€ + tax
Old 01-06-2022, 19:39   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Bahia, 46'

I sailed on a Nautec the owners bought new.
They said they'll never buy new again.
Seriously, look at older boats.
I bought an up graded 20 yr old FP that I could afford.
rramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 19:55   #6

Boat: Jeanneau SO 389

OP did you switch you’re wish list from a cat to a monohull. I got confused. Croatia has about 20 2–3 year old lease fleet boats for sale. Any boat I’m interested in take average 7 months. My Tesla took 11 poop happens. In Canada I can quickly tell you which boat and brand is on order. A bank transfer of a reasonable about it’s yours.
Beneteau is really fast but busy vs Hanse way slower just as busy.
I even know a SanDiego Dealer just got a Bav 50 and sold it while it was on the ocean for delivery. The dealer managed to get another one arriving in weeks and it’s sold.
Funny how people call them mass production or just in time. I know the Beaneteau Cat lines are very important to them and delivery reflects the demand. Again I believe Prestige is a little longer.
I wish we saw more Italian boats here.
Rumrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 22:52   #7
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumrace View Post
OP did you switch you’re wish list from a cat to a monohull. I got confused. Croatia has about 20 2–3 year old lease fleet boats for sale. Any boat I’m interested in take average 7 months.
Beneteau is really fast but busy vs Hanse way slower just as busy.
I even know a SanDiego Dealer just got a Bav 50 and sold it while it was on the ocean for delivery. The dealer managed to get another one arriving in weeks and it’s sold.
Funny how people call them mass production or just in time. I know the Beaneteau Cat lines are very important to them and delivery reflects the demand. Again I believe Prestige is a little longer.
I wish we saw more Italian boats here.
Very rare somebody take lease for buying boat in Croatia if yes you sea different price on used market. If you want i can give you money for buying new boat only 6% interest down payment 30%.

dealer have 25% from factory price list and usually give us from 15-20% discount .we charter boat, maintained and have 5-9% return on investment. but i need 15-20% discount from price list. now i have cash i have 3 ancient boat 2003-2011. i buying boat for making profit or return investment ,not for losing money. new italian boat is here but for motor yacht charter market.

Bavaria yacht have capacity for producing 3000 boat annualy ,now produce under 700 boat. Bavaria C57 is joke of production,simply joke. good quality, but who pay this boat also pay stupidy of management of group siting somewhere in new yourk,frankfurt.
i am little unpleasant,furios and rude, i know but on end week cash return on land,condo or stock market. i dont know how much inflation is on state but in Europa is from 15-30% depend of basket goods. salary grow 0-10% in marine 0% shortage of worker but wage dont grow, shortage of goods but goods is not easy for sale strange time.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:26   #8

Oh i misunderstood.
I must say if I’m a dealer suppose to deliver a boat on a tight margin I would not barter any discount. Taking my margin and turning it in to your margin is a bad business plan. The dealer would sell the yacht to a consumer to stay in business. That is likely what’s happening. Sales are down so dealers need their margin.
No one wants to lease a 2011 boat. They want to buy them for 50k less than they are worth. If I had a 2011 I’d flip it.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:47   #9

North American market is a mess in recovery from a trade war half of America didn’t realize happened. Europe had a 25% tariff on US made boats and was about to raise it to 50%. The new administration patched up the damage from the past. So their increase in boats was to protect their few boat makers but the move actually bottomed the market. Half of their increase have been tariffs for financial attacks.
In Canada just the opposite a 40’ is on average 10% - than it use to be if it comes directly from Europe Brands. A European boat from US is 9.5% tariff in Canada. Kills the exclusive rights on 2 lines who made were over priced.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:33   #10
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumrace View Post
Oh i misunderstood.
I must say if I’m a dealer suppose to deliver a boat on a tight margin I would not barter any discount. Taking my margin and turning it in to your margin is a bad business plan. The dealer would sell the yacht to a consumer to stay in business. That is likely what’s happening. Sales are down so dealers need their margin.
No one wants to lease a 2011 boat. They want to buy them for 50k less than they are worth. If I had a 2011 I’d flip it.
if you are dealer your brand soon lose customer and market,and folow this your brand change dealer.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:54   #11

The first year of Covid a few dealers may have had a boat a few months. Otherwise they sell every boat they can get. No dealer can stay in business giving up margin.
Your in the business to rent boats by the week. He’s in the business to sell them.
You’re plan demanding discount is not going to work in today’s world
Old 02-06-2022, 11:26   #12

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1

Wow, More!

I’ve wondered for a few months about you! I haven’t seen any posts from you lately, but who knows I thought. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong threads.

Sorry to hear about your plans and how boat sales are going. The world seems unstable compared to years ago.

I wish you the best of luck going forward More. Thank you for the update and information about boat sales.

Sam
Sam Woodbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 12:46   #13
Marine Service Provider

new
unofficial translate
dear,
for now I am sending the new price list, which is valid only until the end of this month, the standard specification and style guide.

I am still waiting for an answer from the factory regarding the delivery and sales conditions. When we get more information, we will contact you again.
new price
NAUTITECH 40 OPEN
Price excl. VAT. EUROS
Base Price Ex Works - 3 Cabins / 2 Heads 396 880,00 €
Base Price Ex Works - 4 Cabins / 2 Heads 398 780,00 €
COMFORT VERSION 21200€
EXPLORER VERSION 43600€

in 3 week price go up 79000€

iam so stupid,stupid,

before 4-5 week i have offer for buying one nautitech 40 open 2016 190000€ and one 2019 220000€

i think i put deposit on 2 hanse 455 2016-18
or one hanse and one condo.

or i bypass this madness on market.
o yes litle problem on charter in croatia is big sail mono cat 50-60 ft
not out 100% 80-90% big superyacht with week over 1-2 mil€ rent (not my problem) next year be problem 45 ft yacht because next year over 100-200 new 45 ft boat coming. marina is ridicules price jump. but also my part of town where i live beach front area , population dont grow but condo,house grow like crazy
Old 03-06-2022, 04:28   #14
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by more View Post
new

or i bypass this madness on market.
Yes that's exactly what I decided to do.. In old good days I was buying a 44 ft cat for around K 350-370 €, selling her for around K 300 € after 5-6 years, adding max K 80-90 € to buy a new 44 ft cat the same brand. Now, they pay 490 € for my 2018 Nauthitec that I had bought for 430.000, but to renew her with exactly the same boat they are asking 630.000 €. That means renewing a 5 years old cat went up from 80-90 to 130-140..
My guess is that the market will not settle down before at least 3-5 years. Try to charter a boat in the meantime, it's much cheaper..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, catamaran