Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 13:39   #1

Brokers in Europe

Hello all. Can anyone please recommend a decent broker to get a second hand cat in Europe? We live in the UK. Many thanks!
land ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 00:29   #2

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Re: Brokers in Europe

I presume what you are looking for is what in the US would be termed a buyer's agent. Someone who'll go out and find you a boat and then act on your behalf? Not sure they really exist in Europe.

As you are in the UK I'd have a chat with Mark Jarvis at Multihull World on the South Coast ( https://www.multihullworld.com/ mark@multihullworld.co.uk ) A knowledgeable and nice guy. They also have a base in the South of France.

No association with them. Just met Mark at an event a few years back and remain on their email list even though I'll probably never buy another boat!

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 16:56   #3

Thanks . I rang them and they were very helpful . Unfortunately however I’m not sure there are that many boats fitting our criteria - 42-48 ft , owners version , post 2014 Cat, non chartered , in the med. Think multihull world deal mainly in outremer and we are looking ideally for a fp or lagoon . Thought I’d put it out there just in case anyone here’s of one !
land ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:25   #4

Try Graham at Worldwide Catamarans in Denia, Spain
Snowgoose35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Europe, rope