Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2020, 06:54   #1

Boat: Shuttleworth Advantage
Broker BS

Broker BS - I know it is just marketing hype but these statements are bordering on the ridiculous. I pulled some of these from the blurb of a well known yachts for sale site. Anyone like to guess at the identity of the boats in #1, #2 and #3

------------- is a newer yacht builder in the boating world. ------------ currently has 2 ------------- yachts for sale, including 1 new vessels and 1 used yachts, listed by experienced boat and yacht dealers mainly in the following countries: United States.

A pioneer designer that has been around since the early days of catamarans, that doesn't build boats.

------------- boats are famous for their Sail Catamarans. These vessels generally have an exceedingly deep draft and very wide beam, attributes that make them well-suited for .

These are some of the widest and shallowest daggerboard catamarans. Not sure what they are suited for????

----------- boats for sale on ---------- are listed for an assortment of prices from $116,182 on the relatively more affordable end all the way up to $1,790,000 for the more sophisticated, luxurious yachts. Premiere models can accommodate motors up to an exceptional 400 horsepower, while lighter-weight models may have as little as 39 horsepower engines (although the average power size is 80 HP).

I gaurantee that there are no 400hp versions of these catamarans.

----------- boats are often admired and relied upon for their Sail Catamarans, Multi-Hull, Unspecified and Racer/Cruiser. These vessels generally have an exceedingly deep draft and exceptionally wide beam, characteristics that make them perfect for overnight cruising, day cruising and sailing.

Another shallow draft daggerboard cat but with an exceptionally wide beam, this being narrower in all models than #1 that only has a very wide beam.

------ models can differ in size and length from 37 feet to 78 feet with unique boat hull types including catamaran, deep vee and other. They are frequently used for traditional, time-honored activities such as overnight cruising, day cruising and sailing. ------- designs models with inboard, inboard/outboard and other propulsion systems, available in diesel and other fuel systems.

I common production cat that to my knowledge has never produced an inboard/outboard version and certainly not a deep vee or other hull.

I suppose this is what happens when you let a tech robot make up the sales literature.

Just musing.....
Tupaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2020, 08:19   #2

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: Broker BS

I give up, what’s the brand?
Old 22-10-2020, 09:23   #3

Boat: Outremer 50S

It's not really broker BS, it's computer BS, which in turn means poor programming.

Quote:
Shuttleworth boats for sale on YachtWorld are offered at a swath of prices from $185,000 on the relatively lower-priced models all the way up to $2,200,000 for the more sophisticated, luxurious yachts. Luxury models can take motors up to an exceptional 118 horsepower, while smaller models may have as modest as 42 horsepower engines (although the average motor size is 80 HP).
Quote:
DNA boats for sale on YachtWorld are offered at a variety of prices from $1,390,000 on the relatively more affordable end all the way up to $2,370,250 for the the more costly yachts. High performance models can accommodate motors up to an exceptional 0 horsepower, while the most compact models may have as modest as 0 horsepower engines (although the average motor size is 0 HP).
And the winner

Quote:
Outremer boats for sale on YachtWorld are listed for an assortment of prices from $116,142 on the relatively more affordable end all the way up to $1,790,000 for the more sophisticated, luxurious yachts. Premiere models can accommodate motors up to an exceptional 400 horsepower, while lighter-weight models may have as little as 39 horsepower engines (although the average power size is 80 HP).
The computer is just inserting database values into some meaningless canned paragraphs (with some random selection of synonyms allowed).
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2020, 10:07   #4

Boat: Hanse 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanduril View Post
It's not really broker BS, it's computer BS, which in turn means poor programming.
And as usual, when you blame the computer you should really blame the human entering the data

The real value should actually be 200 HP (100 HP per engine), which is pretty much that as well!

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...r-64l-3651085/

Quote:
Engines
Total Power: 400 HP

Engine 1:
Engine Brand: YANMAR
Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2493
Engine Power: 200 HP
Engine 2:
Engine Brand: YANMAR
Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2490
Engine Power: 200 HP
Old 22-10-2020, 17:09   #5

Boat: Outremer 50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglonnro View Post
And as usual, when you blame the computer you should really blame the human entering the data ...
Absolutely This is a very clear case of garbage in-garbage out.

I guess my point was it's not malevolent broker BS, it's just a very, very poor job by the online sales platform.
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2020, 14:27   #6

Boat: Hunter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanduril View Post
The computer is just inserting database values into some meaningless canned paragraphs (with some random selection of synonyms allowed).
Do you read Yahoo! finance? Exactly the same!
flightlead404 is offline   Reply With Quote