Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2016, 18:13   #1

Broker Advice Please

Well, our monohull has sold and we are eager to start our multi hull search. We have never had to search afar to purchase a boat before, but we realize our search for a cat could include much of the East Coast.

I realize this might seem like a dump question....but...

When searching over large distances, should I find a broker to work with in, for example, Florida? And a different in the mid Atlantic? Or, do I use the same broker and just have them set up showing for those boats outside their normal area? Any comments on how searches over longer distances work would be appreciated. Thanks
vlbaysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 18:23   #2
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Re: Broker Advice Please

Brokers dont work "in with" you. They work for the seller. You are the enemy. They want to fleece your pockets.
So you need to do your own work and only deal via listing brokers. And never two boats via the one broker keeps them honest.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 19:01   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck
Re: Broker Advice Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Brokers dont work "in with" you. They work for the seller. You are the enemy. They want to fleece your pockets.
So you need to do your own work and only deal via listing brokers. And never two boats via the one broker keeps them honest.
I usually agree with what Mark has to offer, but in this case he's painting with a really, really broad brush. If you need some help, I'm both a listing broker and a buyers broker as well. My wife and have lived aboard a Lagoon 410 for four years now and I've been messing about in boats for over 40 years. If you would like some help, shoot me a PM and I'll relay my number. Lets talk boats and if you like what I have to offer and feel you can put your trust in me let's go out and find you the best possible boat and deal that fits you and your families needs.

Tags
lease